Battery

Asked by Mar 05, 2017 at 04:49 PM about the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 Convertible 3LT

I was on vacation for two months came home and battery was dead on my
2014 corvette (had triple charger on it but did not work) I heard I should not
jump it, should I replace the battery?

7,815

Take the battery to your local auto parts store and have it charged and tested free of charge

76,255

You would need one of those power sources to plug into like the auxiliary outlet so as to not loose any computer setting. If you disconnect the battery with out this, you may not be able to start the car back up and would need it towed to the dealer. I forget what these power sources are called but they have a 9V battery in them. They have them at just about any parts store, definitely get one of these before switching out the battery.

Thank you I appreciate your help. I will talk with a dealer before doing anything. You were very helpful.

76,255

Your welcome.

35

I would trickle charge it first dont take the battery out yet .if you do you will get a engine light for the computer but it will read it self out .they do have internal back up hope that helps . it should start thise batteries are good

Thank you I will try that I was a K9 police officer!

85,905

If the battery was dead for two months the codes are all gone. Skip the 9v battery code saver and get one that plugs into the OBD2 connector.

Thank you I appreciate everyone's help. I'm going to the dealer. We everyone's help I feel I can communicate my problem. Glad I did not do anything!

Hey boys FYI, just went to dealer they game out and jumped the car. Because it was dead no problem jumping. Started up they took it to dealership replaced battery checked it out the car and everything fine. Thanks for everyone's help.

16,555

Man that's fast for a battery to poop out. I also have a GMC Terrain and owners all over have been having the same issues. A vehicle left for between 5 to 45 days has a dead battery. Mine poopeed out three times, once after being driven for 120 miles and parked, the next day dead. Another time 3 weeks, and it was dead, last time, driven daily around town, and dead. Full tests, no issues found, battery was good. It seems to be a common GM problem. Pump the dealer for as much info as you can on prevention, cure, and or fix. Let us know if they have an answer. Like I said, after three years, no cure or explanation on the GMC side.

Get one of these and you will have a great powerful battery. INTERSTATE Mega-Tron Plus. Never had an issue after I had one installed for my car.