I took my 2014 Chrysler T&C minivan to have the oil changed. While driving it later, the vehicle temperature gauge jumped up to over 200degrees. The engine sounded and felt rough while driving. My husband checked my oil gauge and said the oil had been overfilled. I went back to the service center. After checking my oil, the attendant maintained that the overfill "wasn't that much". He also added coolant after I questioned whether I was low. I have continued to have the same problems with the temp gauge registering over 200 and the engine sounding rough-especially while accelerating. I can't get into a Chrysler dealer for another week to have the car checked out. Any diagnoses guesses. Could the radiator and engine situation be coincidental to the oil change. Were the sensors perhaps damaged, giving me a false read?

Asked by Jun 24, 2015 at 08:19 AM about the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country Touring

46,215

It could be coincidence. Slightly overfilling the engine oil would probably not cause an issue. If you are not into changing your own oil I would suggest taking your car to a Chrysler Dealership for maintenance. The know their cars better than anyone else. I would avoid the Quick Lube type of places.

101,515

Quick Lube is the pits !!!!!

21,975

Overheating the engine should be avoided- you will ruin it- just wait until you can get it to the dealer- or another good independent shop- have it towed, do not drive it- when they find out what's wrong you can determine who is responsible- like the above posts say, don't take your car to any "quick lube" places- and if it was an independent garage, and you trust them, have it towed back to them- that seems like a new car, so it is unlikely that something broke, randomly- the guy working on it could have knocked something loose or left something off while he was checking it like the radiator cap- or?