I replaced the radiator in my 93 geo prizm, and now the heat only comes on half the time.. what could this be from?

20

Asked by Apr 07, 2014 at 04:01 PM about the 1993 Geo Prizm 4 Dr LSi Sedan

I have had more problems than i can count lately with this car. However, after tackling
what we thought were all of them this morning the radiator blew after replacing the heads
the gasket,  fixing the cams and the timing just over the weekend. Now we have replaced
the radiator and the heat only turns on when it wants to. Not sure what to think other than
possibly the heater core? Any ideas.... ??

92,525

Sounds more like you have an air pocket in the cooling system.

20

If that is the case, how do you bleed the air pocket out? Any ideas there.. thanks!

92,525

The best way is to have it refilled with a machine that refills via the heater hoses. But if you can't do it that way then you need to raise the car on the side that the radiator fill is located, slowly add coolant until it can't take any more, re install the cap, start the engine and check the fluid level add if needed, make sure the cap is on properly and run till the thermostat opens fully and the radiator hose on top is hot to the touch, that will tell you that the coolant is flowing and the thermostat is open then try your heater.

Best Answer
20

Thanks for your help def gunna try it!