Geo Prizm 1994 Will not start

Eva Martin

Asked by Dec 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM about the 1994 Geo Prizm 4 Dr LSi Sedan

So, One day my Geo Prizm was working perfectly fine.  No problems what so ever... The
next day it just stops working.  It will turn over but it just won't start.  We replaced the
Distributor Cap on it and it still won't work what so ever.  We looked over the starter,
alternator and battery and everything was in good condition.  What could it possibly be?

let's look at the basics....air---fuel---spark----timing---valve timing~ when you put the key to the "on" position...can you hear the fuel pump...fuel whooshing through the fuel rail? if you pulled a spark plug and put a phillips screwdriver in place of the plug...does it cause a spark to the chassis/ground? are the timing marks in the right places?

Best Answer

timing marks~

3 out of 3 people think this is helpful. utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=DN&utm_campaign= PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=1993- 1997+Geo+Prizm+Timing+Belt+Kit+Cloyes+93- 97+Geo+Timing+Belt+Kit+1995+1994&gclid=CL- KuambyLsCFepaMgod2TwAUg

whooof 20.79 such an inexpensive buggy to motor~

Eva Martin

I mean, what really got me was why is just stopped working all of a sudden... One day it was fine and then over night it was just like NOPE.

It's no big deal...four hour job~....expected...will check to see if this is an interference engine~

....but this IS an interference engine~hopefully NO damage will have been done to the valve train~

Those distributers are known to do that exact thing

What was the problem. I have 96 Geo Prizm, replaced battery, ignition coil, distributor cap, rotor, crankshaft sensor, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, fuel filter and throttle position sensor. car cranks over, sounds like its about to turn on, then doesn't. after about 25 times of doing this, it starts and runs like a dream. after turning off, will immediately turn back on. but if you wait 10 minutes, you go through the whole process again.

I have a Geo Prizm LSi 95 runs like nothing wrong with it but after is set for like 5 hours it takes like seven tries to started then you gotta sit and let it run 10 minutes before you can press the accelerator if you press the accelerator before the 10 minutes it will cut off, turn the steering wheel it cut off.