I have a 1989 Firebird with a 350 tuned port injection

Asked by Mar 27, 2015 at 11:15 PM about the 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula

I want to get rid of all the wires and vacuum hoses. I would pull the
manifold and replace it carburetor how much horsepower would I loose??

104,215

Do you realize how much work you are going to have to do? Fuel system redo, electronic systems bypass, rewiring for solid state ignition, just mention a few, plus your vehicle will no longer pass any inspection, if your state requires it. Power loss will be a lot.

I need some help then, the car was wrecked on the right front it hit so hard it pushed the engine back against the firewall the wiring is a mess can you recommend what I should do the other question is I plan on Drag Racing with this motor do I need any vacuum to run this set up

104,215

So I take it that you just want the engine block and your going to scrap out the car, if it was hit that hard the frame is bent. How far do you want to go money wise for the conversion? Decide on what fuel you are going to run, high test gas, nitromethane, Then You will have to change the cam and lifters to match the fuel and to get back the power you will loose with the change over to carburation, and you will need a fully adjustable distributor, one that has no vacuum unit but advances with engine RPM, or go with magneto. Nothing will be cheap. Power never is.