my car wont start

Asked by Mar 26, 2017 at 08:28 PM about the 1997 Geo Prizm 4 Dr LSi Sedan

I have a 1997 geo prizm  The car was idling and the car just off, when I went to go start it, It wont start, I was told it was the Ignition coil, I replaced it, the 30 amp fuse, went to go start the car and the fuse blow, I put a nother one in and that blow, What is wrong there is one part with a melted wire

3,475

sounds like you have a serious short , dis connect the - batt. terminal till you find the problem , you'll need a multi tester , find the circuit with the blown fuse and melted wire , there may be something obvious .Follow the + batt. wire and check for wear/worn insulation where it may be grounding .