starting problems.

Asked by Aug 09, 2011 at 11:04 PM about the 1990 Eagle Talon 2 Dr TSi Turbo Hatchback

My uncle has a talon that has been sittin for about 18 months now. We put a
brand new battery in it and the car won't start. It doesn't get power to the
alternater. (I believe) but then again I'm no gear head either. So I was wonderin
if there was anything sepfic I should be lookin for while under hood to help get
her started???

75

Is the motor turning over or no power to anything? if there is no power check the grounds, the black 80amp alternator fuse under the hood, if that is blown you wont have power. If the motor is turning over check to see if your getting fuel, spark, check compression, make sure the CAS is plugged in.

20

im having the same issue with my 90 eagle talon, I cant start the car but when the car is running it doesn't die so I know the alternator isn't bad and the battery is staying charged, I have to jump the car off my other vehicle to get it running what do you think it could be?

10

Hey guys, double check the 100A Alternator fuse. If you've already done that then make sure there is good connection to the battery and the grounds for the starter and generator.