90 Eagle talon idle problems

35

Asked by Aug 18, 2009 at 02:49 PM about the 1990 Eagle Talon

Every time i start my talon i need to keep one foot on the gas and brake to keep it alive. i need to rev it at about 1000 to keep it from spitting and sputtering and then dieing. any ideas?

35

is it throwing any codes and check the tps sensor i had a promlem with my 94 it did the same till it warmd up and i swapped it out and it was fixd

5

your computer may be going

35

auto or manual i know for a manual its normal to idle it just under 1000 or at 1000

35

check your timing. running an atmospheric dump bov? might have richened it out n pulled the timing. hows power while youre driving? should be low if its timing.

45

i would start with the simple fuel filter. not getting enough fuel, not gonna keep runnin

8,375

Dunno how I missed this topic, so sorry for the late reply. Sounds like the idle air control valve is sticking and/or the passages are excessively dirty. In either case take it off the throttle body and spray it down with some non-chlorinated brake cleaner and get it nice and clean, same with the passages the plunger goes into. If I remember the only 'special' tool needed for this is maybe a torx bit (T25 or something about that size).

I having the same problem the shop told me i could need a new throttle body