I have 95 eagle talon 2.0 5 speed,it died going down highway and never been able to start again.its getting fuel and fire,why won't it starl ? .

Asked by Apr 13, 2016 at 06:44 AM about the 1995 Eagle Talon

Eagle talon is getting fuel and fire won't
start,is it possible it jumped time when it
died going down highway.it shut down and
all it does is crank over,won't start.

69,685

Sounds like the timing belt went on it. Start by investigating the timing belt, it may be broke, or some teeth are ripped off the belt. There should be a top plastic cover to take off to expose the cam gears, just look to see if they turn when cranking.

They do turn and belt isn't broke but I'm not sure where the dots are supposed to line up at

69,685

You say there is fuel and spark so it has to be in the timing. I would look at the belt closer, like you say to see if the timing marks all line up. Number one piston, or the timing mark on the crank shaft needs to be at TDC on the compression stroke for all the marks to line up. I would suggest looking up on you tube to see where the cam gear marks are suppose to be. Then also you would see what is involved with changing it out.

I will try that to see where they line up.thanks

69,685

Just remembered an easier way to check if the belt is blown. Just need to do a compression test on the cylinders, you find some cylinders at zero compression.