Looking at a 1982 Mazda RX7 GSL with 48000 miles. Don't know anything about rotary engines. This has the 12A engine. What should I be aware of?

Asked by Jul 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM about the 1982 Mazda RX-7 GSL

Looking at a 1982 Mazda RX7 GSL with 48,000 miles.  Don't know anything about rotary engines. This has the 12A engine.  What should I be aware of? Dealer is down to $3,250.

www.edmunds.com/mazda/rx-7 www.youtube.com/watch?v=irxdJ7EdwsA

100,365

3250 too much, and with 48K I think it has set too much and that is a murder on a rotary, it may run great now but the damage has already started. I use to hotrod these in my younger days and believe me when you let one set too long it didn't last very long when fired back up and ran, it usually made around another 1000 miles before trouble started to show up. So educate your self about rotary's if your interested in them, once you understand them and the limits they have they are a lot of fun.