what is the value of a 1979 rx-7 with 34,000 original miles in excellent condition

Asked by Jan 18, 2007 at 04:55 AM about the 1979 Mazda RX-7

the vehicle is standard. gray with a burgundy interior, sunroof

7,805

This link helps price out vehicles: http://manheimgold.com/car_lo.html According to 'the gold book' your car is worth around $3,500 in excellent condition.

20,780

Sierra, I didn't find a ton of reference material on the web and what i did find you wouldn't like (less than $1,000). This obviously is a unique piece and in these situations the answer is usually that it's worth whatever someone will pay for it. If you find someone who loves this car you can get a good price. That will mean narrow casting your "advertising". Google for Mazda or RX7 web sites and blogs and forums and post a message there explaining the value of your car. At that point you are prequalifying potential buyers who would have a higher than usual level of interest in your car and who might be willing to pay more than the overall market price. Good luck!

45

I've seen one in my area with the same amount of miles about go for around 4k. Keep it though, its a rare one :)

310

the value would be about $50, only because that rotery motor is a high performance motor, and sitting/ storage is the worst thing that you can do it. if the body and interior are both in excellent condition as you suggest then replace the engine, if you are to sell it. but that is if you were to sell it to a MAZDA tech, if you are going to sell it to some average joe then you could get several grand

15

are you the original owner? from what i've seen the 79 had five digit odometers, so its most likely rolled over before.

45

I don't know about the earlier models but I've kept my eye on what this sort of thing goes for, a few months back I saw a 1990 hard top with 32,000 on the clock in absolutely immaculate condition and all original, it went for £9,500 !! If yours is a really good example then it will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay as the price of these cars will only go up, I'd just keep it :-)

105

u wanna wait till Im 18 so I can buy it off u for 6k? :-D

45

the book is not a fair judge on low mileage cars (that are this old) and in this good of condition, honestly, if it runs great (i'm assuming it does with 34k on the clock) then you can expect up to 7 grand depending on options, trim, and overall condition, I could see it going for 5 in a hearbeat, one locally with a little more miles sold from a stealership for 5500

915

worth 2,100-4,950

10

Mine was appraised for $6500.