My 1988 caprice headlight. When i cut them on the regular lights did t co e on but the hi beams did. And after playing with the hi beam switch adjusting the tilt steering wheel back and forth and cussing someti es they worked normally for a min. while driving they cut off of hi beams turn on by themselves. Whats goin on people?

Asked by Dec 17, 2015 at 09:09 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan RWD

I had this on my '89 Caprice. The auto on light switch went bad. I just turned it off (per dealer advice years ago) and everything works fine. It was too expensive to replace and I don't like it anyway. I'll have to look at the car to tell you the exact name of the switch, If you want, Tuesday daytime.