1993 Dodge Stealth 5-SPD-Manual will not Shift into gear...

Asked by Jul 13, 2015 at 05:53 PM about the 1993 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Turbo AWD Hatchback

Worked dandy up until a week ago. I can move the shifter left and right but not into
gear. There seems to be resistance and occasionally a grinding sound if I pull hard
enough(usually in third. Tried in again a few days ago, it might shift it might not... just
can't seem to pull the shifter up or down. It's like its stuck but I can only move it left
to right. The clutch was beginning to feel a little loose and depressed with alot less
resistance a few days ago... don't know if that has to do with it or not. Other than that
it seems to be fine. Car has 120,000 miles and a rebuilt transmission.

7,375

try bleeding the slave cylinder it is pretty easy just put some brake fluid in a container and put a hose in between the container and the bleed screw loosen the bleed screw and have a partener press the clutch petal until the air bubbles have all come out and make shure the line is in the fluid not above the fluid and do not tighten the bleed screw unless the pedal is depressed

The slave cylinder appears to have a small leak in the rubber, That's why the reservoir was almost empty. I'm am going to attempt to replace the cylinder myself, possibly. I'm sure I can get the part. How much scratch would a repair shop replace it for?