I have a 1988 ford festiva that keeps blowing the 10a engine fuse. any ideas what it could be or things I should check?

Asked by Aug 15, 2014 at 03:42 PM about the 1988 Ford Festiva LX

I changed the alternator a while back and while it was idling it just quit (it had been
running great until that point).  i figures that it was the alternator so I put the old one in
and no change.  I adjusted the carburator so it would idle at least but with mixed
results. I bought a carb kit for it but I decided to check the fuses and notices the 10a
engine fuse was blown.  I put another one in and it blew as soon as it started.  any
ideas what to look for?

I would rather refer you to the forum than guess and waste your time. I would also like to see you get your festy going again. My recommendation is to go to wwwDOTfordfestivaDOTcom and ask for help troubleshooting the draw on the system. I don't think you can hook up the alternator wrong..But it sounds like you have a short in the system. It could be simple or not. I wish you well and when you get it going again, please come back and tell me what it was. cheers

I just did what you suggested, thanks alot

Oh yeah, so what was it? Any updates? Hope all is well friend