I recently purchased a 1988 ford festiva that has sat for about 3 years before i got it , after a littlle TLC i got it to crank and i went to hit the gas a little and it bogs out

Asked by Sep 22, 2016 at 04:22 PM about the 1988 Ford Festiva

After a little bit of fiddling around i figuered out if you repeatedly tap the gas
pedal it kind of works , i have no clue what it could be but its a manual and it
woulnt move unless i can get it revved up a bit to let out the clutch. Any ideas
would be great .

Some help would be great ... Could it be injectors , carburetor fuel pump????

6,425

I must have subscribed to this question but not had time to answer. I think this was asked right before festiva madness and we were super busy. Well, it's not injected ;) so you can rule that out. So the carb is probably gummed up. I've never worked on a festy carb but I'd assume they're relatively simple if you can figure out where the jets are. You just don't want to mix up vac lines. You might want to get an EVTM Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual and you might score an 88 manual from ebay as well. I'd recommend you join the forum, www.fordfestiva.com and register and give a shout and ask for some guidance and/or check out the search feature for carb clean or something.