how to replace head gasket on 94 dodge colt 1.8

Asked by Apr 07, 2014 at 06:25 PM about the 1994 Dodge Colt 2 Dr ES Coupe

want to replace head gasket

33,815

There are so many steps to take, it's best if you get a repair manual. There available in both book form and DVD/CD. Don't forget to do the valves and plain the head. And while you're there, replace the water pump.

Best Answer

Thanks i herd about the waterpump and was also told might as well do timing belt

33,815

There's probably a kit that will have everything you need and then some. Better to have the extra parts. And it's probably cheaper then buying the parts individually. Oh BTW get new head bolts. Been there and wish I had. Having the head gasket done for the second time on my Kia diesel. Good thing I'm in The Philippines, labor and parts are less then$250.00