Where is the reverse shift on the Dodge Colt Vista wagon?


Asked by Oct 05, 2007 at 02:41 PM about the 1981 Dodge Colt

Question type: General

   I bought a 1981 Dodge Colt Vista manual transmission, where is the reverse shift?

A gal that had never drove a manual transmission.

2 Answers


I searched for the last few days for the answer to your question, and can't find it. Is it a column shift or a floor shift?

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

It is floor mounted shift. Also see in this article I found in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manual_transmission#Column-mounted_shifter (copy and Paste in your browser) Now I know where the reverse is, thanks for your help :-). Here is a photo taken from Wikipedia that's my wagon shifts layout. Not so different from modern cars. Regards Dilsia

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Dodge Colt Questions

Dodge Colt Experts

#1 carGrrl
Reputation 140
#2 Peter Hermance
Peter Hermance
Reputation 70
#3 littlehorn
Reputation 50
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.