Where is the reverse shift on the Dodge Colt Vista wagon?

5

Asked by Oct 05, 2007 at 02:41 PM about the 1981 Dodge Colt

I bought a 1981 Dodge Colt Vista manual transmission, where is the reverse shift?

A gal that had never drove a manual transmission.
Dilsia

40,245

I searched for the last few days for the answer to your question, and can't find it. Is it a column shift or a floor shift?

5

It is floor mounted shift. Also see in this article I found in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manual_transmission#Column-mounted_shifter (copy and Paste in your browser) Now I know where the reverse is, thanks for your help :-). Here is a photo taken from Wikipedia that's my wagon shifts layout. Not so different from modern cars. Regards Dilsia