What spark plugs and spark plug wires should i use to replace the ones already on my engine?

65

Asked by Feb 03, 2015 at 12:04 AM about the 1988 Ford Bronco II XLT

I drive a FORD BRONCO II XLT. I need to replace the spark plugs and wires soon and i
was wondering if platinum or iridium is better? As well as what wires to match with it so it
fires right. I am a 20 year old part-time student and full time worker with little money. I am
saving up and fixing the issues on my truck as i can. Usually one at a time. I have been
using rockauto for my parts.

70

Iridium plugs normally get better spark. It's all I use in my vehicles. For wires I've found that the autolight brand is pretty good. They offer the professional series wires. At advance auto you would only pay $10 more for the autolites over the xact

60,765

Put in the recommended Motorcraft Platinum plugs and save a few bucks. They should be good for 100,000 miles. Also you will be getting the correct plugs as recommended by the manufacturer. Iridium plugs are good, but I doubt there would be any noticeable difference in a Bronco II.