no spark on my 1987 ford bronco 2

Asked by Mar 06, 2011 at 11:57 AM about the 1987 Ford Bronco II

There is no spark on my 1987 ford bronco 2 There is power to the coil but still no
spark.We have changed three coils and still no spark.We do not believe that the coil
is the problem are there any other solutions you might have to get spark.Changed
fuses and checked computer also pleeeaseee help..

40

Have you checked the pickup coil inside the distributer?

40

had the same problem on 88 model there was a bad connection in the wiring harness coming from the distributor going across to drivers side you have open the harness and find the bad connection using a test light to trace wiring.

2,925

pick up coil.

check ECM fuse,make sure it is not blown,bad crank sensor.

77,735

unplug the ignition coil, put a test light in the connector, positive in the coil power negative in the coil negative and crank engine, test light should flash, if it doesn't check ignition module connector for corrosion or a bad connector, if everything checks good so far replace the ignition module on the side of the distributor, be careful removing it so not to damage the pickup coil connector that is inside the distributor, if the wiring is pulled out of the pickup connector you will have to remove the distributor and disassemble it to replace the pickup coil unit. Not recommended for the novice.

10

I'm having the same problem no spark change the coil pack and cap and rotor and still nothing the ignition module is good and I think the wires all had power

10

I have a 88 bronco 2 that has no spark when the key is in the start position but has spark in the run position. I have changed the ignition control module and the solenoid and coil and still have no spark at the start position then I tried starting it in neutral but still same thing any one have any other ideas?

77,735

Ignition switch, the switch not the key and tumblers.

10

Is it located behind the key and tumbles?