the wires to my fuel pump melted to my exaust mani and may have shorted out

15

Asked by Mar 30, 2011 at 02:41 PM about the Ford Bronco II

now  my pump wont tern on i checked all the fuses including the relay and thje inertia switch but still nothing is there something else i may have fried
some one please help and have a nice day

3,715

Your wires are obviously fried and the fuse is probably bad even though it looks good. Get the wiring to repair it. The easiest way to route the wiring is to first cut off the connectors at the fuel pump, then tape the FRONT end of the new wiring to the wiring you just cut. Then go to the front of the vehicle and cut off the wiring where it melted to the exhaust manifold and pull, it is a good idea to have someone feeding the new harness through to ensure it stays taped to the old harness. Then splice and re- connect as required.

3,715

Make sure you re-route the new wiring so it doesn't get fried again.

first how did the FP wires get on the exaust,they will need to be replaced,the fuel pump is probley shot and needs replaced,dont do this yourself,the pump is in the gas tank,is a very dangrous job,let a mechanic fix it.

3,715

I beg to defer, that isn't a very hard job. Just drain the tank, drop it out of the vehicle then swap fuel pumps.

I did not say it was a hard job,said it was a DANGROUS job.aparrently you have never did this job,if you had you would know the first thing to do is unhook the battery.take off the big hat,it is cloging your brain.

3,715

I've actually done this job multiple times on my own vehicles. There's nothing especially dangerous about it if the person doing it has the slightest bit of common sense. Yes, I failed to mention disconnecting the battery simply because it is something that just happens without thinking about it.

yeah right.

3,715

Think what you will, I've done more electronics work than you've probably ever seen.

yeah right again.