1986 Toyota pickup won't turn over

Asked by Apr 25, 2015 at 12:30 PM about the 1986 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe Standard Cab LB

Have new battery, new starter, new alternator and replaced 80 amp fuse. Why won't it start?

34,955

If you have a standard, it may be the clutch switch. If an auto, the neutral safety switch. Could also be the ignition or bad pickup coils in the bottom of the distributor.

Alext5437 seen your questions . Did you ever figure it out. Mine is doing same thing. Gotta be some switch problem.

34,955

Yota123, try crossing the posts on your starter or just running a hot wire from the battery to the starter. If it starts, you will know it's the ignition switch or the clutch switch. If you want to go cheap and your truck is quite old, just run a push button under the dash. That's what I did on my old '89 4X4 that wouldn't start. I found the ignition wire and connected it to the push button and the other wire to the positive on the battery. Started without fail after that.