How to ground my injectors from my mr2 1985

Asked by Jun 17, 2015 at 09:14 PM about the 1985 Toyota MR2 STD Coupe

I replace my mr2 block gaskets,oil pump, water pump, and timing belt. Now my engine
only comes on when I put gas  in to the air intake with and easy quick start can. My
injectors have not pulse.

67,475

Check the fuse,s and injector relay.

Best Answer Mark helpful
22,915

cool car- and the answer above is good- but after all that work you should know that a complete restoration will be needed on that 30 year old car- next up- a complete fuel system overhaul-

Best Answer Mark helpful

Mr2 1985 , I had check the relay and fuse already. Everything its find . But not injectors pulse. Thank you for your answer.

67,475

The injector,s get there pulse from crank or cam sensor,and if equipped the ECM.

It's till not luck fuse and relay are good. Injectors are good. The show 12v on switch close. And I don't think my car has a crank or cam sensor. Mr2 1985 . Car still doesn't come on , it crank but not gas. Gas pump its good. Does any body knows

12,795

The computer on the car controls the injection The 1985 MR2 uses the 4age engine an AFM, TPS and the PCM -computer it controls injection pulse width

Might be your fuel pump or throttle body. I had my throttle body rebuilt on my 86 MR2 because it was struggling to start, works great now. If you can't narrow it down, go to a dealer and at least get their assessment, rather than trying everything and wasting time and money.