1985 mr2 will not start

Asked by Jan 09, 2016 at 06:18 PM about the 1985 Toyota MR2 STD Coupe

Hey guys so I have a 1985 toyota mr2 that I can not get to
start. I was driving home one day and it lost all power and
now it will not start. I was told from a friend that it could be
a Gas problem so I changed out the pump and filter and
still the same thing. It sounds like it wants to turn over but
if will not finish. I have no idea at this point

145

It could be so many things. Have you checked to see if you have spark? If the car turns over, and it's getting fuel, check to see if it has spark. If no spark, I'd check the coil, wires, rotor, etc.

12,665

4A-GE engines are easy to diagnose check it for codes, Next check fuel pressure on the rail almost done now! make sure you have spark at the plug(s) if not work upstream till you locate the Fail..wires,cap, rotor, electrical circuit etc. Regards