code 0300....other than ECM have tried everything.....

130

Asked by Dec 09, 2012 at 10:41 AM about the 1996 Dodge Neon 2 Dr Highline Coupe

1996 neon- installed a 1999 2.0L SOHC used engine to replace same engine. spark plug and wires-
cam sensor-thermostat-timing belt -replaced --injectors cleaned-all engine limits OK....P-0300 code
displayed-not able to reset light ..comes on in about 5 miles--I have not changed the ECM because
before engine was changed there was no trouble with the check engine light..no other codes
displayed....any one out there with any ideas?...also 7 sensors installed in car....check engine light will
not stay out even after reset....The does anyone out there know the chance of the ECM going bad as
everything else has been checked or replaced..also the engine runs like a top...? I believe that the
1999 engine is identical to the 1996 engine and the ECM should recongnize it as the same......

385

You may end up having to get a new ECM i found this thread that listed the same issues you have posted and the PCM replacement seems to be the answer http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/5u6zj-dodge-neon-1996-dodge-neon-2-0-sohc-engine.html

1,615

Possibly the ignition coil?

130

It now has code 0300 + 0171 (bank one system to lean) any ideas as to what this second code mean?

1,615

You have an intake leak. Check vacuum hoses for cracks and around your intake and listen for any whistling.