87 300zx torbo straight shift that wont shift when started

Asked by Jul 20, 2014 at 02:10 AM about the 1987 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr Turbo

when i bought it the seller told me the slave cylinder was bad but had the new part but also the mas-airflow censer was acting up and wont allow the car the go over three grand while in gear. He did say that it had been drove recently but had sat for a number of years.I have replaced the slave cylinder and bled the clutch to no bubbles but have been told it could take some while to get any air out. The master cylinder appears brand new. the clutch has pressure and most from a mid ranger recoil or spring that i felt when it was bled. Any thoughts

111,065

When bleeding the slave cylinder does the fluid shoot out with a good bit of pressure? (After pumping and holding clutch pedal to floor) if not could be a master cylinder issue. If it does shoot out continue bleeding and keep adding fluid. Make sure fluid never gets to low or more air will enter system. Also watch the shaft coming out of slave cylinder. Is it fully extending? If not may still have air in system or master cylinder is failing.

111,065

With the maf sensor check the electrical connections. These cars are known for corrosion build up in the electrical connections in the engine compartment. Unplug and plug the connection several times. Also adding a little bulb grease to connection often helps.