i have a 1986 nissan 300zx that i wont accelerate when I press the gass...

Asked by Nov 27, 2012 at 01:33 PM about the 1986 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2

I have a 1986 Nissan 300zx that it wont accelerate when I press the gas, sometimes it will work but when it does not it will take like 20 seconds to go..  is like it losses power... after that it will run fine, what should I do about it

40

Mass Air Flow Sensor is bad or dirty they make a mass air flow sensor cleaner its at auto zone mass air flow sensor is just beyond air filter in the intake channel square black box unplug and see if it will tack out to 18 rpms it may not run at all with it disconnected to take it off 10mm bolts under sensor really a bitch to get to

Yep, I posted back. New email lulu1girl@gmail. A friend said I could install something under the car in the middle, if I wasn't going to sell it. I never wrote it down, and he moved. Any clue to what he is talking about? ]