I have a 1986 Nissan 300zx that i bought; it turn over but don't start; gas was not getting up tp the fuel filler until I replaced the in tank fuel pump. .

Asked by Jul 19, 2013 at 05:10 PM about the 1986 Nissan 300ZX Base

I have a 1986 Nissan 300zx that i bought; it turn over but don't start; gas was not getting
up tp the fuel filler until I replaced the in tank fuel  pump. Now gas is getting to the fuel
filler, but not to the injectors. I check for spark on the spark plugs and that was good. I
sprayed gas in the Trottle chamber and the car will start and run until the gas is uesd up
in the chamber. I need help

My car was doing that and I found that the battery hadn't yet died, but was on the way. answer: I had the battery replaced.

105,895

How long has car sit without being cranked? Are those the original injectors? If has sit for a while might need to try cleaning them. If they are the original ones might want to replace them. Check wiring to in sure you are getting an injector pulse.

2,705

Find the fuel pressure regulator and give a few taps with a small hammer or the handle of a ratchet wrench, this should hopefully release a stuck or sticky valve

To my knowledge the car was in someone yard for about 2yrs before I bought it.

I took the injector assembly off. What is the best way to clean and test them to make sure they work?