Searched for: David Hutchison are you ever coming back to duty as one of the best CarGuru's this site has ever had the honor to be associated with?

Asked by Apr 30, 2013 at 03:41 PM about the 2013 Toyota Corolla LE

dammit Guy, I miss your presence out here...makes this whole guru-ing experience morning coffee just ain't the same without you!  The fact that we're in the
state means I could show up with a chessboard and would be welcomed in for a game.
totally miss your presence----that's just one gentleman's opinion speaking about another

Well said, we all miss him.

DavidH25 is definitely a nice guy and I sincerely hope he's just taking a short break from CarGurus! He has mentioned to me that on occassion that he do just that to play Google Flight Simulator (which I tried and can't figure out how to use the darn thing). Let us know when ya spot him @ Judge!

Best Answer

not gonna drive and visit him that'd be six hundred dollars in gas....his wife seems to be taking time to get her timecard punched...feel sorry for the guy, my wife's entire teenage years were spent on her mother who had cancer too....won't expect him any time soon....asked him to get her to laugh, and he said he'd try~

He's got a macintosh computer us losers have IBM P-C, because they are cheap...guy was a pilot and knows from controls~ my PC will not load google flight simulator and crashes....both computers~the XP and win 7....yuck~

Hi guys..and Thanks for all the kind words. It really makes me feel good to see the stuff on this page. Good work tenspeed, you passed me and deserve to be on the top, congrats and you earned it. I had my 15 minutes...but the right man is now where he should be. "We all have strengths in different areas" know TS. Really, good work. 01May2013@4:04 AM Miles Hutchison was born...Judge you posted my name but oh well I am not hiding from anybody. Thanks gentlemen.

BTW I was never a military pilot. Avionics. But I do know controls..on Google Earth flight Simulator you can pick you aircraft, and in real life the F16 stick does not move is pressure sensitive only. Pilots did not like that at first but soon got used to it and then swore by it. Forgive me I have to post this

You are forgiven, my friend, we all have to start out somewhere...the breathing apparatus is somewhat disconcerting...but when you're young, just breathing is a monumentous affair~

4 weeks premature..that's what the 02 tube is for. lungs OK just taking no chances. Born at 34 weeks in to term...5lbs10oz..a bit small and the other patches are for heart monitor On another subject..I could not quite break the 40mpg mark in my Corolla..clocked it at 39 but with a 13.2 gallon tank I went 400 miles on one tank~~~at about 70~75mph most of the way~~ before filling up and no 'low fuel' warning when I finally did. Over Hill over Dale that little car was a joy to take, I felt comfortable and no worries about breaking down. My entire adult like I have always been "Buy American!!" about cars but Toyota has won me over.

I think it was a comedian who was commenting that American car doors need to be slammed, but Toyota's doors just need to be coaxed into closure~ glad you had a pleasant trip, really sorry I let the cat out of the bag on your H quandry, at least the world now knows there isn't a damned T in the spelling despite the temptation to put one there~

Congratulations! Glad to hear all is well.

Congratulations on the new arrival David! Get some sleep, you're going to need it. Thank you for the top spot acknowledgement. I consider the top position to be temporary. You came from behind early on and I expect you to be in the throne again.

congratulations brother! beautiful baby. along with everyone we do appreciate what youve had to say and help on here. we do miss you and hope to see you soon :) keep the spirits up at the homestead!

It's great to see you back, David...Many congrats and blessings for your new grandchild :) It's a shame we don't have real time chat on here...would be nice to do that with you and many of the other regulars on here :)

you are the father I wish I had, not a Pakistani man who doesn't listen~ take 'er easy already there have been questions that I'd love to have had a your input make sure I ain't losin' my, you're important guy up in here~

And Thank you to dandy and The Sheese. It means a lot to me all you guys.

Judge the 02 line is for two reasons, his lungs were not quite fully ready at 32 weeks, but he is fine and on top of that where he was born is over 6,000ft elevation, the air is a bit thin at that altitude, and on top of all that it was during a regular blizzard with over a foot of snow and 22 degrees. I was showing my son this site and he is the one that clicked me points on my scathing opinion of the Suzuki Grand Vitara. He has one that the engine seized at 31,000 miles, a crank journal..something happened and the rod cap broke apart, and Suzuki would not fix it because they said he ran it with no oil..which is bullshit, but after 4 months of sitting at the dealer, all the while he had to keep up the payments and insurance and no car for the money put out..they finally put an engine in...after a nasty letter from a lawyer. I am tempted to name the Dealer

wow....that little guy needs all the love and patience that a concerned parent/relative can provide---sorry 'bout your unluck with the Suzuki...always kinda wondered about the "suicide kick" back when I was a wrencher...we found EVERY single one we tested had a bad catalytic converter....ooof someone wasn't doing their homework as seems to largely be the case with these are their specialty...Honda was the same but actually evolved and brought some widely accepted designs to the world...perhaps you could sell this thing and buy a sensible Toyota a corollla with no options is cheap...especially if owned by an old person who was afraid to drive~

He would need (more accurately she, Mom) needs some sort if mini van but is is imperative it be AWD, with 3 kids age 5....3...and 4 days old she needs an AWD with room, the Grand Vitara has that. Open for suggestions for another car. Corolla would not meet her needs. He drives a Honda Accord. I am going to look at some RAVs

Something like this

Thankfully, Suzuki is pulling their Cars and SUV's out of the doubt due to dismal sales overall, poor reliability, and the horrendous failure of that garbage car, the Kizashi...which I guess they actually thought people would be idiotic enough to buy (A couple of morons here in NJ actually did..LOL!) I feel your son's pain, David....I was a dumbass back in the 80's and bought an '87 Pontiac Fiero GT lemon-mobile/wanna-be plastic-fantastic sportscar. It was a true nightmare and had to suffer thru 5 years of payments even while the engine & tranny were being rebuilt..Ugh. Is there a lemon law that the lawyer can use to put the screws to the Dealer even more so...and maybe your son can get some $$ out of the deal?? I'm just thinking that replacing the engine in an already sub-par SUV might just be a band-aid for this situation.

Honda Elephant, wash down "carpets".

OH god, the Fiero... what a black eye for GM and Pontiac...just like the Ford engine that was shooting spark plugs because the had a plug with threads that took 4 turns to install. And aluminum. WTF were they thinking?

It's a real shame too, because Pontiac designed some really sharp looking cars....The Solstice and it's sister car, the Saturn Sky looked like mini-Vettes and just plain sexy (as a domestic car can get anyway). Much better looking than my MX-5. But as with the Fiero, they were poorly engineered with QC problems from Hell. As far as your search for an SUV goes, I can certainly vouch for the Mitsu Outlander SE AWD after having had her for 4+ months now...Reliable, Looks Good, PLENTY of room (seating and trunk), nicely equipped for 1 trim level up from the base ES model. I looked at the RAV-4, CR-V, Forester, Escape...with the exception of the Ford Escape, all were VERY pricey as used SUV's, even with high mileage, so I chose the Mitsu :) Only wish she had power seats and a back-up camera.

Oh, no John DeLorean was no idiot. The just had to take all his cars off the road because they kept sucking up the white lines....

God in Heaven take care of you DAVE~ we can never forget you~