2014 LE (Eco). I bought my Corolla the end of June of this year. Several times (4) I have had no acceleration from a dead stop and had to pump the gas peddle to get any response from the vehicle. Is there anything I can do at this point. Pretty scary with an 18 wheeler on your tail...

Asked by Aug 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM about the 2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco

No acceleration from a dead stop, this has happened 4 times since June 2014.  I just
purchased the vehicle then and this happens very often to me.  Twice just this week.

61,295

Under The Lemon Law a new car dealer has 3 tries to fix a warranty issue such as this. If, after the third try they still can't fix it they're obligated to buy back the car and give you a new one for the same price and everything as the lemon. Invoke your rights under The Lemon Law and get rid of it! HTH. -Jim

148,885

In California at least you don't even have to prove a defect. Just keep taking it back saying it's not fixed, You hear odd noises,They can't replicate it. But they have to give you another vehicle of same make and model, brand-spanking new, I don't know if that;s a Calif law or DOT, NTSB Federal Lemon law

148,885

Go here and click on your State.....http://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/learn-more-about-state-lemon-laws/

148,885

Pasted from Calif site: The manufacturer is required promptly to replace the vehicle or return the purchase price to the lessee or buyer. The purchase price that must be returned includes the price paid for manufacturer-installed items and transportation but does not include the price paid for nonmanufacturer items installed by the dealer. The lessee or buyer is completely free to choose whether to accept a replacement or a refund. Whatever the choice, the manufacturer is also responsible to pay for sales or use tax; license, registration, and other official fees; and incidental damages that the lessee or buyer may have incurred such as finance charges, repair, towing, and rental car costs.

148,885

I was just looking at different States, out of curiosity, and wow they vary. Kentucky for example new cars only that a title has never been issued and the Lemon law does not include Motorcycles or motor homes, DriveTrain or chassis. I did not look at all 51 (I know, DC has their own). North Dakota includes USED cars bought from a manufacturer's franchise, but not from a licensed used car lot, and specifically excludes motor homes. California yes RV's and bikes. Jim is right for many States,but some are vague, not 3 attempts but "a reasonable number"..that could get gray, but that why God invented Lawyers. TEXAS is really tough. They even include Big-Rigs..i.e. Peterbilt, K/W, and such and from any dealer, manufacturer franchise or not. Tennessee, covers everything unless you are married to your first cousin, then dealers are Lemon law exempt. So nobody in Tennessee has any protection. Just wondered if anybody was paying attention

3,825

Hahahahha first cousin pricing? Laws vary by state here in colorado its three visits plus the amount of time dealer has had possesion ! My daughter had to use it for her Nissan Pathfinder with a crazy CVT, request an update to the firmware to the ETC AND MAKE SURE sorry you get a receipt for every event! IOW YOU need documentation to prove your case!