I have a 1986 Nissan 300 zx the fuel pump went out on it and i ordered another one but it looks nothing like what i took out?

Asked by Mar 08, 2014 at 04:04 PM about the 1986 Nissan 300ZX Base

The one i took out is in a metal cylinder thing like a paint spray can with a thin metal
strip that runs down in it. The one i ordered looks a lot different with places for hoses
and a black and red wire out the top for positive and negative. But the wiring in the back
under the hatch is permanent with wire harness attached to the lid that screws down? I
ordered the same make and model of the car and the paper work says it may be
different but i see no way to make it work it even has 2 places where hoses would
attach but my original has no hoses attached? Can anyone help me please! It's my
only ride!

85

The one you took out is OEM, the one you got is aftermarket, it will work, but this should be done by someone who's made these exchanges, can be a pain, and fail if not installed correctly.

112,245

Did you pay about $50 dollars for it? If so I think I am looking at the one you bought. Yes it will work but you will have to disassemble you old pump and use the housing to install the new one. It's a generic pump. The exact fit ones for your car are around $250+. They will drop right in just like the old one came out. You can make the one you bought to work but will take a little work to get it right.

105

I agree with dandyoun done this with mine