Radio is on BUT NO SOUND 2013 Hyundai Tucson

170

Asked by Mar 01, 2015 at 09:57 AM about the 2013 Hyundai Tucson Limited

Cannot hear music. Please help

40,475

Gonna say that your internal amp blew. Did you recently change out the battery or disconnect it for any reason? I know on some vehicles it locks out the stereo and you have to input a code for it to work again. It's a pain in the neck safety feature to make the stereo useless if stolen. Check you owners manual if you did disconnect power.

25,345

There should be a small pin hole near the CD player, you can take a small pin or paperclip put it in the hole push for a few seconds and it should reset the system. This appears to be a common problem for that radio. Here is a link to the Tucson forum: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/yf-2011-sonata-i45/138170-stereo-turns-but-no-audio.html

Best Answer
170

Thanks guys but Mark Pinned it!!!Have a Bless day. #pinholeworks

50

Thank you I tried the pin and it worked for me also !!! I was so sad when I heard no sound getting in my car last night i.. i need my tunes in my car .. seen your suggestion tried it and it worked didn't even have to bother my boyfriend to look at it !!! Thank u

70

Thank you! I also followed your suggestion, and it worked on my 2012 Tucson. I was devastated when I suddenly didn't have any sound the other day, and I thought I would have to spend a lot of money to get it fixed. You saved me a lot of time and trouble! I'm glad I looked online first.

100

Hello need help , I have a 09 Tuscan and radio stopped working , no pin hole by CD player and all fuses , only 1 actually , is fine , the dealer is asking me to bring it in which is gonna cost me , any ideas ?

100

On the Tucson w/nav system, the reset is down near the "Phone" button. Actually, it's not a small hole; it's a small recessed button. Just a tip here though. If your radio is working but no sound, copy down all your station settings because resetting will erase your stations.... just saying.

45

apparently the radio has issues. reset by factory, other "fix" via battery/some other connection thing, and manual button hole reset--nothing works! $800 to replace amp! what!? (have nav, back-up camera, bluetooth, etc) UGH! HELP

30

Thanks a lot. Pushing the pin reset fixed it for me on my 2011 Tucson w/nav system. I have had the no sound before however that time it was fixed after I turned the ignition off and on again. That method did not work this time.

45

wish it were that easy for my issue! :( it's frustrating having a nice car w/o sound...trade it now or fix!? UGH!

10

IT WORKS!!

Thanks Michael!!!!!! I used the paperclip and it worked! You saved me a trip to the dealership. You rock!

10

Thank you Michael. Works in the Elantra as well.

It worked for me, my husband won't believe I fixed it on my 2013 Elantra! Vicki

I hope that will work on my 2010 Tucson.. I will try it when i get off work..

20

Wish the pinhole reset worked for my.. My 2011 Tucson w/nav system still has no sound!!! Any ideas anyone?

My 2011 Tucson w/Nav is also inaudible! I checked the fuses and they test as working. I pushed the reset button and it didn't work for me! Any other suggestions? Carol

20

Hi, Carol, I discovered that you have to push and hold the reset button until the radio turns off. The reset is located just below the button for the phone. My radio came back on instantly after. Hope this helps.

Worked for me on my 2013 Azera -- Happy Days!!

2011 Tuscon, pushed the little button and it worked. Thanks for saving us time, worry and probably money. Not that I don't trust the dealership, but....