2013 dodge grand caravan crew engine light is on

75

Asked by Oct 08, 2014 at 11:17 AM about the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew

My minivan engine light came on yesterday last week I putted gas in the van and
purchased a carwash at the pump then went straight to the wash as were in the wash we
get this strong odor of a burnt bean to rotten egg smell and it was bad cause were in a car
wash and can't get out I don't know if they are related couldvyou please give me any info
about this and if a manufacturer warranty will cover that repair or am I stuck with it??

31,295

If you have not exceeded the mileage part of the warranty you should be good. Getting the vehicle wet is normal. Now if it was in a flood.............

75

I bought it brand new may 2013 and it only has 9994 miles on it and I think maybe the gas had alot to do with the odor not the wash but I would like to find thanks BoholMark

31,295

How is the smell now? Did it stop? It doesn't cost you anything to take it to the dealer and ask them to look at it.

Best Answer
75

You get a stinch of rotten egg smell still but I am afraid to drive it it's a brand new vehicle and I've had 3 recalls and now this to add to the list it's my first dodge I bought and it'll be my l last I called my dealership where I bought it from and they are so backed up with recalls that they said it'll be a month to a month and half for service but to bring it in to pull some codes

31,295

Oh Good Lord! The smell you described is what a bad catalytic converter smells like. Check around and see if there's a different dealer that can serve you. You don't have to bring it back to the dealer you bought it from.

75

Ok will do thanks BoholMark

75

Took it to the dealership today to pull some codes and they said its an emissions leak

31,295

Emissions leak? That's about as genetic as you can get. Was it a Chrysler Dealer that gave you the news?

75

Yes it was and I can't get it in to fix it or know exactly what still for a month so I'm going to be calling around for somewhere to go hopefully sooner

31,295

Any Chrysler or Dodge dealer wil be able to help you.......... Well that might have to remain to be seen. Let me know.