2005 T-Bird Passengers window

30

Asked by Jan 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM about the 2005 Ford Thunderbird 50th Anniversary Edition

When I open the passenger door window it goes down without a problem but when I close the door it stays down.  Ifm I open the door again it goes down further, I can do this continuely and the window goes down completely and never returns to the full up position until I bring it up manually.

97,135

Could be a bad switch or poor connection.

30

Which switch are you referring to, the window switch works fine up and down. The window doesn't go back to the full up position after the door is closed.

97,135

There's two, maybe three switches. Your regular up/down in the control panel, there's one that's tripped by the handles that lowers the window when opening and a third that senses that the door is closed and then raises the window.

27,245

I would check the wires between the door and the body where it flex's, Ive seen wires break in that spot quite often not on this model but in general. moving the door could be causing a broken wire not to make contact or something to that effect. just an idea may be completely wrong but its worth checking.

30

Thanks I found that the doors have a mind of their own. I cycled the doors up and down a number of times, and held the button down for 3 seconds in the up and down position and they seem to be operating fine now. Thanks for your help Rick Zappia

50

That is the correct way to resett the window memory anytime the battery is disconnnected, hold full up, then full down for 2--3 secconds to reset the memory, it is in the manual. iF you have a 2002 -05 TBird google THUNDERBIRD NEST for all your answers and a great bunch of people on the forum. Cheers Martin luvbirdz, on the forum (and my licence plate)