my headlights won't come on

15

Asked by Sep 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM about the 2001 Dodge Neon 4 dr Highline ACR

Hello,
I had a Xennon Digital headlight kit put in my car about a month ago; now they won't
come on.
I have to turn the switch on and off several times before they come on, the running
lights and the interior lights come on but the headlights wont.
HELP!! PLEASE!

okay, here's your fusebox...test the headlight fuses~

if 17 and 18 look okay would test for power at the headlight socket...maybe there is a problem with the connector....check the main ground 1/0 battery cable to chassis....wirebrush this connection clean and re- assemble...maybe...just maybe you're suffering from insufficient body/chassis ground~

five years old is TOO old for one of these new tin/antimony alloy batteries...check the date by the date on the knock off labels on top~....and get a NEW one~

15

I haven't changed the battery in the car since I bought it in 2001. i have just started having issues with things going out. i'm and i'm at a loss; i have checked the fuses they look good.

the guys at NAPA should put your new battery in for you....ask them to clean the connection from the cable to the chassis ground too~

3,845

if you had xenon HID headlights put in, they are not working right. most of the cheaper light kits are crap, whether you buy them from a shop or online. the problem is more than likely the light kit, not your car. if you had them put in by a shop, take it back there. if you bought it online, contact the company you bought it from. we quit carrying them at our shop due to all the problems.

1,035

Why bother putting zenon headlights in the first place? The after market lights are complete garbage, and if I can be blunt, use the money you would spend on the lights as as a down payment on a decent car.

visible to 300 meters at a height of three meters is what the Bosch Engineering Handbook says...no specifications on the amount of lumens...might be there, but as long as you're seen and DO NOT Blind the oncoming motorist is what we're after here~