Clutch or trans issues

615

Asked by May 03, 2012 at 11:26 AM about the 2012 Hyundai Veloster Base

I have 13,300 on my car.  I was driving the other day  downshifted from 6th to 5th (manual trans) and let off the clutch  5 seconds later the car shuttered and it shook the whole car, not like a wheel or clutch shudder. I choked it up to a rough patch and bump in the road i didn't see as it was dark.  When i cam to traffic light and tried to downshift I found my clutch was not disengaging now.  If this were not under warrenty I would pull it apart and inspect it myself.  The dealer got it yesterday and only told me they have to pull it all the way apart and split the motor and trans.  Does this sound like a failed slave cylander??  
is this covered by the cars bumper to bumper warrenty, or is that with the clutch warrenty?

Any help would be great.   Thanks

95

Sounds like an issue with the slave cylinder and it would be covered under the drive train warranty.

3,570

definitely an issue with a clutch component of some kind. it should be covered under factory warranty regardless of what it is. virtually everything is covered by hyundai for at least 1 year/12,000 miles.

1,245

1, its your clutch or throwout bearing/slave cylinder 2, with 13k on i it most definitely should be covered by the drive train warranty, that is if its not deemed the owners fault

Best Answer
615

Just got it back from the dealer. The disk blew apart. Covered by warranty.

95

Glad to hear it was covered!

615

Its been back 3 times since and they now have it again for lemon law.

95

I hope they sort the problem out once and for all or replace the car all together under the lemon law.

I have a 2013 non-turbo Veloster w/ tech package and I've had nothing but problems since I bought it in the end of July 2012 (1.5 months ago!). I'll be driving and then if I go up a slight hill (on a highway) I can be on the floor and I only get 80 km/h and then it suddenly shakes and the RPMs shoot up to 7000 and overrevs. I also hear a crunching sound when I come to a stop or start up from a stopped position (not the brakes). I've had it back 3 times (the firs two times they told me they couldn't hear it) and they are either going to replace the actuator and a few other parts or the transmission altogether! Pretty sad for a car that only has less than 5000 kms on it. It will be covered under warranty but has anyone else had thes problems? I'll be paying for this car for 6 years so I hope it lasts that long!

615

Mine just got back to the dealer and its over and done with. Hyaundai failed me and now i am lookng for another car

20

My clutch just went out last week. I was in cruise control when mine went out. I am still fighting with the dealership because they say its not covered by the warranty. It has under 20,000 miles on it. They said it was normal wear and tear so they wont cover it. I said it was in cruise control how was it my fault and it isnt normal for the.clutch to go out when I have been driving a stick for years and this car is brand new. So, they want to charge me 1600.00 just to fix it. Needless to say. HYUNDAI SUCKS AND I SUGGEST NO ONE BUY ONE. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO.SAY THE LEAST!!!!!!

the worst cars HYNDAI,,,,please dont buy !!!!! JUnk