van was running fine then went to start and it wouldnt even turn over. light s and all electronic stuff working fine

100

Asked by Jun 08, 2015 at 02:06 PM about the 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring FWD with Navigation and DVD

what should i do next? Battery is new.  Cables are fine. I can do anything but start it.

1,975

When you crank the vehicle what does it do? Makes a clicking noise? Tries to crank? Does nothing?

100

does nothing...no sound

1,975

Not sure of your technical knowledge but here are a couple of things you can try. Make sure the vehicle is fully in park, try to start. Then, after applying the parking brake, move the shifter to neutral and try to start. Next thing you can do is checking the fuses which should be fairly easy. Let me know.

100

My husband tried putting it in neutral and the fuses, still wouldn't start last night...but i went out this morning and it started...don't know what to say other than to give God the glory!!! Thanks for all the suggestions I really appreciate it...have a blessed day

1,975

God 1, Car 0.

30

I have a 2007 Odyssey and began having this problem. Garage said it was the starter, which they replaced, but the problem persisted. When I try to turn the ignition on, there is no sound but dash lights come on. I then have to take it out of park while in "accessory" mode, put it back in park and it starts up, even though sometimes I have to do this several times. I was told there is either a problem between the ignition and the gear switch or there is a problem between the gears and the transmission. Either a short or lose connection??? I am sure this would cost me thousand to have fixed, and since I am on a fixed, limited income and a senior citizen, there is no way I can take it to a ripoff place since I spent my last $700 to have a starter replaced that I didn't even NEED! Makes me so angry, because I TOLD them it was not the starter in the first place, but did they listen? NO!!!

50

I checked other forums and they suggested it has to do with the timing belt tension.

10

I have Honda Odyssey 2006 my wife got the kids from the school I came to with the garage in the car does not want to start I checked the battery at check the cable all good

It turns over but I don't catch, fuel pump works gas is getting up to the motor, right up to damper

any ideas? this shit is annoying having the same problem on a VERY FIXED income single father 5 kids !!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10

NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH

If not cranking could be Crank Shaft switch.

Was my starter, fortunately napa's part is manufactured by the same company that builds Honda oem and more than half the price cheaper, isn't hard to change out once that battery tray is gone also showed me i needed to replace my cracking intake hose which was cheaper at Honda than a box parts store (go figure but pays to shop for parts) also noticed the factory positive connector was not tight o. Battery, shop kept putting caps over rather changing that terminal, replaced the terminal and also will be replacing the grounding cable for the van and negative terminal on battery, highly corroded.

What about the transmission neutral safety switch? It may need replacement. Checkout You Tube videos.