PLEASE HELP.my 07 odyssey PASSENGER POWER SLIDING DOOR has no power at all, i ve checked all the fuses and non of them blown,i went to dealer and they said it 's the LATCH,however ,I liketo know if i

40

Asked by Jun 25, 2013 at 09:05 AM about the Honda Odyssey

PLEASE HELP.my 07 odyssey PASSENGER POWER SLIDING DOOR has no power at all, i ve checked all the fuses and non of them blown,i went to dealer and they said it 's the LATCH,however ,I like to know if i try to put in a new latch myself ( $575 at dealer).would power of the door will back on and work? please help .

Have you by chance put a new battery in lately? Just an idea here, maybe, just maybe.... The electric sliding doors (called power sliding doors by Honda) on your Odyssey van may need to be reset from time to time, particularly if the battery is replaced or disconnected for more than a few minutes. If your power sliding doors are not functioning correctly, either by using the door switch or the keyless remote switch, try resetting them to see if the problem is corrected. If resetting the doors does not fix the problem, there may be other problems with the power sliding door mechanism. Turn the ignition on. Move the power sliding door switch to "Off," then move it back to "On." This switch is located to the left of the steering wheel. It's labeled "Main." Press and hold both power sliding door buttons until the doors close completely. If this does not work, turn the "Main" switch to "Off" and manually close the doors, using the inside or outside handles. Turn the switch back to "On." The power sliding doors will reset and their normal functions (including keyless operation) will resume. Pleas let me know if that works..or not. There are other possible solutions

40

Hi DavidH25 ,thanks for the answer. I've tried that but it doesn't work.battery is still the original one .here is how it went bad,a few months ago,i heard the door beeps while driving,even though the door was closed.i went online and they showed me to disconnect the battery and reconnected( i did actually forgot to turn main switch door to OFF.but when i connect the battery ,door did reset with the sound that i can hear,then after that it lost power since then.now i tried to close door manually,latch won't close tightly,and make the interior lights go on,my main ? is how to get power back on,or because latch is not working that's why there is no power?please help-thanks

I've been looking hanna, so far come up empty, sorry..but haven't given up.

40

thanks davidh25, hope to hear fr you again

50

So was this ever actually solved? .... -concerned-

40

I have had so many issues with my 2006 Odyssey electric sliding doors that I refuse to spend another dime on the van. My solution is to trade at the first opportunity and make sure that you buy a vehicle with real doors. End of problem