2003 Intrepid hard to start if not on level ground

20

Asked by Dec 22, 2013 at 02:24 PM about the 2003 Dodge Intrepid SE

I have a 2003 Dodge Intrepid with the 3.5l V6 and 150K miles.  The car starts fine the
majority of the time when the car is on level ground.  However, when the car is on unlevel
ground, and especially facing uphill, the car is close to impossible to start.  Any ideas as
to why?

okay thought this was the Intake Air Temperature sensor...but am confused...that one reads the density of the air....(a kind of CHOKE)...this one tells the computer what temperature the air plenum is~

20

I'm trying to understand how a sensor that measures air temperature and/or air density would be affected by the level of the ground the car is sitting on.

there's a wire in that....like a lightbulb will come on when the filament is tilted...(how's that for an explaination)....am confused between the AIT sensor and the air charge sensor....this modern technology making waste of the stove kit, diverter, heat-riser, thermal butterfly and two position choke is gettin' a little too involved for an ole' timer such as myself...just the same I think that have found the correct one, tho the location (as shown in the cartoon) does not seem to be at the first thing the air flow sees....uuuumph~ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-ax49? seid=srese1&gclid=CLPege7QxLsCFYlDMgodzAYASA

Okay, here's a photo (presumably of YOUR car) showing a horizontal affair as intake plenum....this just ain't right~

20

Thanks a bunch for this information Roy! I will give this a try.

it's a simple sensor...a wrench...and the right replacement is all you need...it's simple...the connector might have to be wiggled such....but it's a gravy job...mmmmm with mashed potatoes~