where is my transmission flued is going if its not leaking on the ground

Asked by Dec 10, 2013 at 04:16 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE

ok I had a radiator replaced now im leaking transmission fluid I replaced hose where it was leaking at  but now I put transmission fluid in but its not going to the ground when I start car it takes about 10 min to start so when it catches and I drive the car it starts smoking bad can someone please tell me whats going on

285,575

You might have multiple things going on. You might be overfilling the trans. But why it won't start after 10mins has got me stumped. So the coolant line going to the radiator was leaking? You replaced that? Are you checking the level correctly? To do so, the engine must be warm, in park with engine running. Maybe there is some residual trans fluid and coolant on your exhaust pipes and that is smoking once the warm up.

5

A bad modulator will draw out the fluid into it's vacuum line. It will cause white smoke from the exhaust. Possibly a reluctance to shift. Find the vacuum line where it connects to the intake manifold, it's a small Approx. 1/4 inch steel tube. Remove it and see if it's dry or wet with ATF. Modulator valves are sometimes on the outside of the trans. and are not to hard or expensive to replace.