If I have a new transmission for my truck will the mechanics switch them out for me or will they just buy a new one and charge me for it saying the one I had was bad?

Asked by Apr 10, 2014 at 05:06 PM about the 1983 Dodge RAM 150 Long Bed 4WD

246,995

Depends on the garage. Some shops won't install parts they don't source themselves. Garages make money on parts, plus supply you with a warranty. I'd call a couple garages in your area to find out who will do the install for you. Hard for me to say you have the wrong trans. Have the mechanic inspect the trans for you before install so there are no surprises. By your saying New, is it actually new or a used one? Used transmissions are hit and miss. So your right, you might be tearing it out sooner than later. Good Luck!