I have a 1985 dodge ram prospector..im replacing the windshield wipet motor..how do i takeoff the windshield wiper arms. I have read alot of reviews and they say theres a clip but there is npt a clip nor a bolt..desperately need help...PLEASE!!!

10

Asked by Jul 13, 2013 at 01:02 AM about the 1985 Dodge RAM 150 Short Bed

8,425

I believe the wiper arms are held on the same way as Ford uses. On the side of the arm, beside the pivot, there is a little tab. Lift the wiper arm, and that tab pulls out, releasing the clip. You can't see the clip as it is on the underside of the arm itself, and closes around the base of the shaft when you install it.

10

So i just pull the wiper arm up in a vertical position and pull it off?? Because I've tried prying it off but gave up because i did not want to damage it

8,425

You lift the arm up as far as it goes, and look at the part that does NOT pivot. The part that is on the shaft on the fire wall. Somewhere on that part, there should be a little tab, and I do mean little, that either pulls up or slides out. The tab is probably about 2mm by 2 mm. Once that is moved out of the retaining position, the arm should lift off the shaft without being pried. Normally you have to lift the arm so that joint is fully bent in order to move the retaining clip, then the arm itself prevents it from working loose when installed on the car.