Does a 1990 and a 1995 dodge 318 have the bolt locations in the same spot.can I put alternator and all pulleys from the 90 on the 95

Asked by Nov 15, 2015 at 07:08 AM about the 1990 Dodge RAM 150 2 Dr LE 4WD Standard Cab LB

I can get a 1995 dodge 318 out of a dodge van in order to get it to work ,I am
wondering if  my timing chain cover and all bolt locations will be in the same
spot on both motors so I can use all my  timing chain cover on this motor plus
my alternator power steering pump etc on the motor with no problem.any
help would be appreciated , I don't want to buy this motor and find out it
won't work

72,395

I am not going to tell you to buy that engine, but my opinion is that yes, the bolt hole locations should be the same. 90% sure. My concern would be bolting the alternator and power steering on, but there is usually a way. The bell housing bolt holes will line up with the back of the motor, motor mount locations are the same, starter no problem, It will drop in and bolt up.

72,395

Also when doing something like this, you need to set up the motor going in as the same as the one coming out. Fuel delivery system, and all sensors, as your ecm (brain) is set for that vehicle...