2012 Explorer - Interior lights do not turn on when doors are opened or if switch is pressed.
Having issues with the interior lights turning on when the door is opened or the dome switch is pressed.
1. Puddle lights, interior domes, center console light, steering wheel lights do not come on at all.
2. Dome control button underneath fog light button does nothing.
3. Dome lights do turn on when touching them individually and pushing them on.
1. Checked fuse #12 and #4 and both are fine.
2. Performed defaults setting on menu controlled by steering column as well as a master reset on the sync touch screen. No Change.
Background - Battery died 3 months ago and I had it replaced after a jump start. Vehicle has 45k miles on it and have had it since 10 mile almost 39 months ago. My wife noticed the lighting issue may have started when the battery was replaced.
I would like a DIY solution as the vehicle is out of warranty and I just paid $900 for a faulty joint on the driver side...
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Begin with the dome light that does nothing. Get to the back of the switch with a volt meter and see if 12 volts is present. If it is toggle the switch from off to on checking for voltage each time. If no voltage is present then you will have to back trace the circuit to find the problem. A wiring diagram would be helpful if you have to go past checking the switch for fault.
correction, dome light switch.
Did you get this figured out? I'm having the same issue with my 2013.
Looking for a Used Explorer in your area?
CarGurus has 67,973 nationwide Explorer listings starting at $1,200.
Search Ford Explorer Questions
Ford Explorer Experts