ive found ways to reset immobolizer on my 02 VW Jetta,they say,hook up battery charger and leave key in but dont try and start for 10 mins to an hour ,but my immobolizer light doesnt cothe only light that comes on is the battery light so what do i do to reset mu immoblizer? do the same process? Please i need help,ty D

Asked by Oct 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM about the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T

ive read how to reset your immobolizer-but the only light that comes on is my battery light
and not the immobolizer light,my other lights on dash,like the immobolizer light dont come
on,what do i do to reset this immobolizer,do i connect a ccharger up to iy and turn key on
but not to start for 10 minutes,note they say do this and the immobolizer light will go
off,but this lights doesnt appear-hope you can help,ty D

probably need a NEW battery if yours is older than 2006 )check the "knock- off" labels on the top of the battery and with a coarse wirebrush restore the Main ground connection off the 1/0 black battery cable to ground...this is an important one as the ECM doesn't work so hot on reduced voltages and "brown power" so clean it up with fresh power and problems should vanish~

work the keys in doors lock and unlock, unhook bat. cable 10 seconds or more ,reconnect, now check light! do the key thing run position 10 minutes , not running

on some cars you hold the trip down then switch it to "on" and completely off...five times and release the trip...not sure if this is the same architecture, but worth a try...~

some cars just using the manual driver's door lock resets everything~

something about the stereo holding the 1 and 6 buttons simultaneously and watching for a message.....again NOT your car, but interesting on how some of these auto makers try to make it all so sneaky~

i have a problem maybe worst than you. my car m start for 2 sec and then die i did my homework and nothing i got tire and i took to the dealer i have new key from them guest what they dont exact what wrong with my car is ok now have in my garage i will check my ecu i have to learn yet how to delete the emoboilazer and i going to be ok. i have two other car.but i never going to buy a volkwagon or audi the vacum houses will give a check engine light if you have more info about this peace of c car email me at panamaustv@hotmail or if you have a question i can help already have some problem i solve it but not that one yet good luck.