parking break fault

10

Asked by Mar 13, 2013 at 07:51 AM about the 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE AWD 4Motion

I have tiguan 2009 When turned off the engine for 15 minutes and re-start it again the massage appeared which is engine fault and parking break fault so I check all fuses and hand break all are normal I try to make drive so the speed meter not working also the steering become heavy and when make acceleration the gear not change to other gear as a photo.

Pasted from: www.Car complaints/VW/Tiguan//html: Volkswagen Tiguan problems Volkswagen Tiguan Worst Model Year 2009 Worst Complaint plastic intake manifold failure We don't have a lot of complaints on file for the Volkswagen Tiguan -- feel free to add yours here. It's either not very popular ... or it's very, very good. Now, the first part of that last sentence is untrue. More than 700,000 Tiguans have been sold worldwide. Give me a few minutes and I will research you specific question. But what do you mean 'try to drive so (speedometer) not working?

We may have a little bit of language barrier going on here. Maher, your English is actually pretty good, but I am not sure I understand. Still looking OK?

Recall: NHTSA Vehicle Safety Recalls Recalls current as of 01/25/2013Find all recalls at Safercar.gov TIGUAN ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING Recall number: 08V235000 Recall date: 05/28/2008 Problem Summary: VOLKSWAGEN IS RECALLING 4,079 MY 2008 PASSAT AND 2,500 MY 2009 TIGUAN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 2.0T FSI ULEV II ENGINES. THESE VEHICLES HAVE AN ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) CONTAINING SOFTWARE THAT MAY NOT PROPERLY CONTROL ENGINE IDLE WITH THE AIR CONDITIONING TURNED ON. IN RARE CASES, THE ECM MAY UNEXPECTEDLY INCREASE ENGINE RPM. Consequence: AN ENGINE SURGE CAUSED BY AN UNEXPECTED INCREASE IN ENGINE RPM MAY SURPRISE THE VEHICLE OPERATOR AND CAN RESULT IN A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

I don't know where you are, not even asking, but is there a way to get your OBD codes scanned? The dealer will for sure, but it will cost you. And still searching...

10

All break system not working well so is there any possibility of ABS control unit defect????

10

Iam from Saudi Arabia so do you mean diagnosed or error code?

I can see when I enlarge the picture, that you have the car running, the idle is about 900, 950, about right, your lights are on, the ABS fault light is on, Both of them and parking brake as a matter of fact. So, yes, there appears to be a fault in your ABS because the Traction control light is on and that is tied in withe the ABS.

10

checked the car with the agent here and did not know why the failure is coming

Both. the OBD scanner will give you a letter followed by 4 numbers. P Power Train, B Body Control Module, and others.... and those are fault codes to help diagnose.

I am having very little success finding what I am looking for, sorry 'bout that. If one mechanic is unable to figure it out, I suggest another mechanic.

10

when made the diagnosed the abs unit answered which mean no error in this unit so the mechanic advice me to replaced the fuse box .

Ok, he is at the car, I am not. I sincerely wish you luck, but still wonder what you mean about "drive without (speedometer)??

Ok, he is at the car, I am not. I sincerely wish you luck, but still wonder what you mean about "drive without (speedometer)?? Age you attempting to not show miles traveled? If you disabled that, the odometer, that very well may be the culprit here. it could screw up lots of things

10

Speedometer means I was driving but i dont know the speed

So then the speedometer is also not working. Thanks for clarifying that. Geez Maher, I sure wish I could have been ore help, but it's now gotten over my head. There are others on this forum that are very knowledgeable, hopefully one of them will be able to help you. But going way back up, when I looked at several VW forums, I see it's more than one person's opinion that 2009 was the worst year for that car...that appears everywhere.

10

I really appreciate your dealings, which was more than wonderful.. Thanks

You're welcome.