My engine is blown in my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T

25

Asked by Mar 13, 2012 at 07:00 PM about the 2006 Dodge Charger RT

My charger over heated over the weekend and caused my car to stop working I had it towed to tires plus and they said it was going to cost me around 6,500 to get fixed with labor. At first they said it was the head gaskets and when they called me back after I gave them the ok to take apart my engine to see if the head gaskets we cracked they called back and said that it did enough damage to need a new engine. I still owe money one the car. There is 2 years left of my loan and I am really not loaded with money. Is there any other suggestions. Alot of people told me tires plus would try and give me the worst advice to give them more money. I am a female and dont know much about cars just going off of what everyone else is telling me. If i can get if fixed for a lower amount I would like to trade. Other then this major problem my car is in good condition fully loaded but I'm pretty sure a dealer will not let me trade in a car thats not working regardless of how the body looks. Any suggestions?

95

I doubt you need a new engine unless you drove for a long time with it over heating, at most it might have warped a cylinder head which would require it to be milled it should not cost that much I am sure. I just looked at ebay and found 3 motors that fit your car for less that 3000. I would get a second opinion from a good reputiable shop around you

25

I only drove it for one day after I found out it needed a new radiator for about 10 miles. It had never over heated After I turned the car off it was smoking from the hood and when I let it cool down it wouldnt start. There is white smoke coming for the tail pipes and it was making a lot of noise. The man at tires plus did say I damaged a cylinder head, but said that its damaged to the point of needing a new engine. I dont understand why they would tell me it was the head gaskets with out looking at everything first. They said engine will cost 4,500 and labor will cost 1,900 that is too much money to put in this car. When I have about that left to pay off. I really hope it is something smaller then what they are saying.

135

way tooooooo much..... a good eng. should be about 1,800 to 2,500. labor about 1,100.... now the first prob. was taking it to a tire place.. all those places say and up sales the more money they sell taking you and other people to the cleaners....take it to a repair shop reputable.sorry for your loss......

365

I agree with the other two guys. i don't even get tires from a place like that, they just don't have enough knowledge about hi pro vehicles. I would take your hemi to a reputable engine rebuilder around your town. As the hemi is a hi pro engine you might want to check a good speed shop. It does sound like a blown head gasket but I doubt that you need an entire engine rebuild, at the very most it sounds like a top end rebuild...no where near the cost they are quoting you. It really sucks when some companies try to rip off some one they think wouldn't know any better. Not necessarily a woman, it could be a guy also. Good luck.

95

yes white smoke from tail pipe is a pure sign of a blown head gasket happened to my mustang once but a damaged head gasket means exactly what phil said just a top rebuild which is replace gasket and check head straightness and then put it back together you should really tell them to screw off and your taking your car somewhere else

25

I am going to get my car towed to a high performance mechanic that my uncle has been getting his cars worked on for years and see what he says. He rebuilds and builds engines and race cars so I hope I will get the response as what all of you are saying after he takes a look at it, it would be such a big relief. Tires Plus is probably the worst shop for this and they are doing the easy way out instead of inspecting all other options. Thank you all for you help I am really glad I came to this site it has taken away some of my high anxiety. I will let you know what the real mechanic has to say as soon as I find out,

365

get him to trick out your top end while he's at it. you will get more HP and probably better mileage too. the factory hemis are good but they leave a lot of HP on the table just waiting to be released. have fun.

did you find a solution? Do you want to sell the car?

30

I have an 06 charger 5.7 with a random misfire code and the top of the engine is kind of rattling a little I thought I would change the engine but I don't know what engines will fit in this car being as its a 2006 charger will all of the 5.7 fit in the car if I use my mounts I found a 2010 with 30,000 miles on it out of a 1500 RAMor does anyone know if the random misfire will cause the rattling oh and there are dual plugs per cylinder in this particular motor I don't know the difference between 8 plugs and 16 plugs thank you

15

I have the same problem as the above poster. Awaiting some ansers

My car did the same thing I was on the freeway and I just got my car out from getting serviced and three days later I was driving on the bay bridge and then my car made a sound like it was over heating and then the car shook and then it back fired then the car cut off and the car came to a stop and I tried to start my car and it would start up for about 10 seconds and then cut back off and I was trying to start my car so I could get out of harms way and then the engine manufacturer said that I should have cut the car off before I blew the engine while I was on the freeway I knew that my engine was about to blow out and I should have turned my car off on the freeway so that that could have fixed what was wrong with it but I damaged the engine by not turning the car off before the engine went out

Don't listen to these people, they don't know shit about the situation! I have a 2007 Charger built in 06, these engines have a defect that the factory knows about. Basically in simple terms these engines drop valves into the cylinder, you could pull up to the grocery store just fine, come back to the vehicle and it simply won't start.if you can get it to start, you can hear valve parts bouncing off piston until it punctured through...So in 08 the factory gave a standard 100k warranty, but as for you and me and whole lot of people, we have been simply fucked over! Class action lawsuit is the only resolve. ..

40

They're trying to rip you off I have the same car 2006 Dodge Charger 5.7l hemi and I paid about 1000 bucks to have the engine rebuild cause the heads didn't work it runs great now

20

I had this same issue, and my mechanic stated the same theses engines have defects and the dealer knows it. And choose to do nothing we need to get a lawsuit started asap.

10

I have an 2006 RT Daytona and hit an armadillo past weekend it messes the radiator and condenser up now the motor is knocking but it never ran hot I drove about 10mins before the car started shutting down on me. So could hitting an armadillo Really mess the engine up

I have a 2008 Dodge charger with a crappy 2.7 engine and my water housing outlet went, I replaced that. I got a full oil change/filter change thinking that was the issue NOPE. Now my car keeps over heating and my coolant is dripping somewhere, like on to the engine somehow. Now thwy say I need a new head gasket. I pray I don't need a new engine

If you have a good rt body fully loaded and in great condition just put it up for sale if you can't afford to repair it a mm do start over get rid of the headaches I sold mine to a a guy in Alabama because I needed cash to help me get a another vehicle. His name is mac # 334-703-2017

20

what about a class action lawsuit im all for it i have a 2006 dodge charger rt. the motor is blown and i still owe 2 years on it.

20

Lets do that lawsuit i owe 2 years and have 131k on it the engine is gone the banks have no sympathy for me i owe 7,313 dollars on it. Im a veteran a college student and not rolling in dough its a mess can someone help me im still paying the note and driving a beater around that im borrowing what to do email me at tubwell25@aol.com my name is kim ts not fair my car looks awesome a set of new tires and its good to go what can i do i dont want a repossesion in my name and cant afford an engine right now.

20

I have a 2006 charger rt hemi 166k.I still owe 2years also and a new engine here is 7g. I'm down for the lawsuit also.Please keep me informed.email is bsharpsuit300@gmail.com

30

We are in the same boat. Blown hemi motor. We have been trying to find a motor with luck. I also read the manufacturer knows about this issue and refuse to fix it. Im all for class action lawsuit. I'm definitely looking into it now!!!!!

10

how do you get the computer and the new engine to work/

50

I have a 2007 Charger R/T Hemi...had it towed to a friends shop before having it towed to the dealer. Friend said it was a cracked valve. Dealer Advisor suggested he'd have a tech take another look at it before he gave me my $8K+ quote to fix it. Lucky for me, I have the Lifetime Unlimited PowerTrain Warranty...yet I'm going back and forth with the dealer*, here I am a week later and still no clear response to the issue. Ugh......

Wow - Same problem... Sick to see so many problems with their 2006 Charger R/T Hemi with a blown motor - car just stalled out without any overheating indicated and wouldn't start... Local dodge dealership quoted $8K to repair - More than KBB value for the car. I'm at a loss - car had less than 150k

50

Tell me about it... My car is still in the shop since 12.23.15. My Charger is at 85k and it needs a whole NEW motor! They still can't give me an answer! Mine didnt overheat either i drove it out for some xmas shopping and when i was done i went to turn it on and it was a mess! Loud Knocking and Shaking that wouldnt let it start! Dead!

Your 06 Hemi has a problem that's well known by the factory, turns out the 06,07's built in 06, have the tendency to drop a valve into the cylinder&puncture the Pistons, alot of these don't knows around here will give you misinformation, but my 07charger sits in my driveway with a punctured piston, once the factory realized the situation, in08 offered free 100k power train warranty. That doesn't help me because I had nossuch warranty at the time. 20+oil changes in 6yrs 64k miles, & that's how that Hemi treated me.it all happened one day driving as normal, went to get some fast food, went inside, came out, car would not start, towed to dealer, they get it started, with the loud noise of valve bouncing around in cylinder 6, until it punctured piston 6&just began to burn oil, ITS HAPPENING TO TOO MANY OF US! CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT SHOULD BE IN ORDER!!!

50

Thats exactly what happened. They confirmed it just lastnight! Getting the New Motor in under my Lifetime Unlimited Powertrain Warranty! Thank God for that! Im with you on that CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! We all complain about it but no one makes it happen!

10

WOW same thing just happened to my 06 just last week. Currently in shop and they are telling me over $5000 to repair. I am calling dodge first thing in the morning. I WILL get this RESOLVED!!

30

I'm in the same situation with my charger this will be the second time i will need to rebuild my motor. I am willing too look into the class action lawsuit. Anybody know if it will cost anything? If so how much?

10

Same situation here. Bought my son an 06 charger and he came home one day saying car was smoking bad and had no power. I figured he had been hot rodding or something but he swore he had just started it up to leave work and that's how it was running. Drove it about 30 miles home and that's where it's been sitting for 6 months now. I looked into crate engines and can buy a +\- 540hp long block for anywhere around $5500 to $18,000 depending on what you want to do with the car.

20

Same happened to me. 09 charger hemi got misfire on 3rd cylinder.

10

2006 Charger 88k miles, same problem with drop valve seat issue. Large paper weight sitting in my garage. Looking for a decent mechanic in the Riverside, California area to help me out. This is rediculous, no warning, no nothing.

20

My wife has a 2006 SRT8 Magnum. We are militarily and put the car in Navy storage from 2010 to 2013 with 36K miles. The extra 6yr? 70k mile warranty expired due to time in storage. Also, while in storafe, it went through 17 gals of gas for <2 miles of moving once a month between parking spaces of an indoor storage facility. Reason was a dead battery, so they burned gas to charge. Got the car back with 3 k of damage. Was hard starting on pick up. Wife was sitting at light 4monthd an 4000 miles later and a valve dropped, punched a hole in the piston and now the motor is a $7500 boat anchor. No one wants to help. Sign me up for the lawsuit. Best email is william.wiegmann@navy.mil

20

Sorry for the spelling errors... fat fingers, small phone screen

10

I am having the very same problem with my 06 Dodge Charger R/T (Hemi). The dealership Im buying it from told me I need a new engine that will cost $5300. I'm still paying for this vehicle, about 3 years left on it. I knew that price was outrageous so I started doing some research. I'm glad I did. Knowing this information you all have posted, I am on board for a Class Action Lawsuit as well.

80

Okay... to absolutely EVERYONE in this post... 1. It is the valve seat that is dropping out between the head and the piston that is causing the big damage. 2. Inexpensive fix. With minimal knowledge and a small amount of tools the intake, head, oil pan and piston/rod can be removed. 3. It will run you roughly, with gaskets, $600 to replace with oem piston and rod, head assembly with valve seat fix in. Ladies and gentlemen you can fix the issue yourself for under 1000. 4. IF the issue is a steady tap with the engine running but no power loss then it involves removing the intake and head on the side of the tap and IF you have MDS on your vehicle the problem are the front 4 lifters. You can replace all 4 for around 150 including a head gasket. Again, this is, on a scale of 1-10, about a 4 on difficulty. With parts in hand, MDS lifters take around 4 hours. Cylinder piston a nice full day off. Is it worth it? Yes. It fixes your car, saves more money than you can imagine, and gives you opportunity to do some maintenance like, water pump, oil, antifreeze, spark plugs, anything your heart desires that you actually saved on. As for poster RUI04... let me tell you what you can do with an additional $5500... buy and install a supercharger, and blow your engine up for a good reason.

10

Shooter - how certain are you about this? The dealership is waiting on my answer now. I would love to give this information to them and pay the price you quoted as well as fix other parts on my car with the money I saved! My car wouldnt start at all. When I try it makes a knocking sound but doesnt turn over. Is that still the valve seat, gaskets, piston and rod that need to be replaced??

80

As stated by others, this is the very best answer you can get until you get internal. You would REALLY be shocked how much you can do on your own. All they really need to do is either a primitive compression test or an actual leak down test. And ANY shop that can't do a leak down is a shop you DON'T want your car at. So ask them to do that to at least verify that compression is lost and which side, passenger or driver. Pull intake and head (the only bolts to get to under the car are 2 exhaust bolts so all this work can be done literally in a Walmart parking lot if you had to. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. And pull just head on lost compression side. Hopefully that knock is only on one side. All the answers are under that head with the knock. It is up to you to decide if you want to pay them the labor because any shop SHOULD charge for this work. Or if you feel you are able to do this and save some bucks. A leak down test should have been performed and it just verifies which cylinder (s) don't hold pressure. Let me know which side it is.

80

Dealership should have a tech bulletin on both the valve seat (known issue) AND the collapsible lifters on engines with MDS. They are well aware of these and are also well equipped to service the issues quickly. If it's a choice between dealer and cheap shop, go with dealer on knowledge. You just have to let them know you know they know. Make sense?

10

Shooter79 - thank you so much! I need this information for that simple fact - to let them know that I know. I will let you know what happens. Thank you again for your help!

10

Shooter79 - Aware of the valve seat problems after the problem occured. But when the dealers and i do mean multiple have a bunch of hemi's out of commission and are wanting between 5k to 8k to repair. The problem stems from the fact that they very well knew this problem and rather than sending out a recall, they chose the waiting game and deal with everyone legally. The fix to get an engine that has not failed would have cost about $400 to repair. In my situation, the valve seat fell into pistons and killed two heads. Again, our beef is that the dealers know what the problem is, but Chrysler does not want to deal with and would rather get sued that to let people know about it. This is wrong. And this is coming from an owner who owns a Charger and an Challenger, this didnt even matter to them.

80

I completely agree. It's happened to me twice, 2 different motors, same car. And I've fixed the Hemi "tapping" 3 times. Dealer says "It's just how it is". Another known issue. But until that day that they reimburse us all for these issues, there IS a fix. And we don't have to spend those thousands to do it. There are two ways to win a war. One is to just fight. And fight and fight and fight while they keep the upper hand as we continually pay them for their mistakes. OR we learn to adapt, fix the issue, pay them nothing and only pay those companies dedicated to resolving the problem. Maybe just move forward? Like to a Chevy? I can't afford to keep fixing these issues or paying others to. So I stood up, grabbed a wrench, learned more about their engines than ASE Certified techs wanted me to know, and right this very moment... am dealing with it. I have that damn 5.7 torn down right now waiting on a true Mopar piston/rod/rings/bearings kit to be delivered and also waiting on another new surfaced head, new valves, springs, locks, and of course the .001 sized larger valve stem seats. There IS a fix! With everything I am spending less than, at this moment, $700. I'm just on here saying you don't HAVE to spend as much. You can do the work yourself. And you can fix the problem and keep driving your car. If you had any idea how many forums and sites there are over these 2 issues... you would understand that fighting head on is not solving or forcing them into anything. It's been going on for years. Now we should just stop feeling helpless and hoping for litigation and just stop giving them money by tackling the issue, solving it, and getting our hands dirty. Maybe I'm old school, no... I AM old school. I built my car. I know every bolt, every part, and have a VERY in depth understanding of it all because I tore my car down to a chassis, a dash, and a frame. I have pulled my entire rear assembly out. Transmission engine all my suspension. Rewired lighting and even my interior. I did it because when I was growing up, that's what we did. We NEVER trusted the dealer. We are supposed to be past all that in today's society. But there are still some things that will never change. And I have the understanding that my car will just sit there or I fix it. I hope this inspires others to research, learn, get dirt under their nails. Remember. Merica. I'm Merican. I fix it. Lol

15

Happen to me today in my 06 Ram. Broken valve spring and shot spark plug through the coil pack. Got truck towed home. Plan on break down and repairs tomorrow. The plan is doing MDS delete, replacing pistons with forged Pistons, update to heads with all 16 springs with exhaust 6.1 springs, 6.1 push rods, replace tensioner....I'm hoping to stop the cycle of this common issue. 2nd time happened to me. First time just replaced block and heads.

same thing happened to me I turned the car off to pump gas and it would not re start again, but I did get it to start and the loud knocking started...it dropped a valve into my piston...and now its junk......2006 charger 5.7 hemi 115000 miles on it....

10

Shooter I agree with you 100% it's just that I don't have the time or space to do it myself I would love to know how to rebuild my charger engine but I live in a condominium plus I have rebuilding it for me for 1900

10

Also if there is a lawsuit I want in mrcarter1207@yahoo.com

I have a 06 R/T and I just put a motor in it, and it cost me 7400.00 and I drove it 3 month and now the radiator have a hole in it and its costing me 897.00 both was from dealership in Decatur AL. Im sick of the BS with Dodge, Im down for a law suit

I have a 2007 dodge charger which has done the same thing and i'm having to have it rebuilt after giving all that money for the car and finding out dodge Chrysler knew of and never fixed the problem I have contacted some class action site to see if they can help hard working people get satisfaction on this problem

Please do........they killing me. Enough is Enough.

I have a Dodge Charge Hemi R/T, 2008, 113k miles. Engine not working same problem as everyone above, the dealer is fighting me on the warranty out of curiosity how did @MissHemi09 get her warranty approved? I am in SoCal and tried with corporate and regional to get this approved.

35

same as every one else driving my 2006 daytona/rt edition take car in for oil change they call me back car wont start motor blown which is bull crap lets get this lawsuit together!

Yes the dealership charged me 7400.00 to me a new motor in. Now my radiator had a small hole in it, and they charged me another 875.00 for new radiator. Im sick of this, SICK!! It going on the market after all this.

its crazie how we all have the same problem I have the same problem wit my 06 charger rt we should all do something about this

35

Just had my motor rebuilt by a respectable mechanic for 3800 that would be the best option with a 1yr warranty!

Yes! the dealership charged me 7400 with 5yr warranty. Then I just had my radiator replaced that was 875. Its running great now, but anything else go wrong, Im not going to dealership unless its covered my warranty.

10

I just bought a 2007 rt charger, 150k miles and the engine runs great, but these stories scare the hell out of me. I just did some research on engine replacement, and you should be able to replace or rebuild these engines for under 3k. If you rebuild it yourself, under 1k. I plan on replacing all parts before this happens. Its just the price we pay for driving chargers. But i encourage you to start working on these things yourself. They arent Audi or Mercedes. Get your hands dirty and fix your muscle car! Or sue dodge.

35

yeah your price is right but dont for get about labor and fluids run u another grand,

The exact same thing happened to me with my 2006 Dodge charger R/T. My 7th cilinder/engine blew at less than 90k right when I finished paying my car off. It is so ridiculous that so many people have had it happen to them and dodge crystler just doesn't even care.

Wow same thing happened to me the other day stopped to get gas drove off about 200 feet car cut off with no warning found out my 6 cylinder is dead only 100k miles, to see so many people with same issue is a damn shame I hope something gets done about this problem

10

Im in the same boat. Wife went to lunch, park the car and after 30 mins she went back to start it, and it did not start. Had it towed to my mechanic to find out it dropped a valve seat. Car only has 73k miles, plus always used synthetic oil on it every 3k miles. Can't believe Chrysler haven't issue a recall on this well known problem... If you guys are planning on a lawsuit count me in! Turbopioneer@live.com

Mine jus did that. Just bought it from a dealer may 9th 2016. June 3rd 2016 went into the bank for 20mins came out car wouldnt start. Towed to the dealer said i need a new motor. $7,000 for a new one. And dealer said they not paying cause i went 100miles over the 30 day or 1000 mile warrenty. Any advise?

35

I hate to tell u bud there is nothing u can do about it if u can try and get them to pay half once u buy a used car it is as is i talked to my lawyer and he aid i didnt have a case i know it sucks sorry!

10

Hi my engine just blowed out at 132,000 miles I was driving & it just started over heating pulled over & it wouldn't start. When it did try to start it was making a loud pinging noise. Its a Dodge charger 06 hemi 5.7 I'm pissed off cause I still owe $10,000 on the car & shop charging me $6000 to fix it. I will never buy a car from Dodge again in my life. Anybody out there what did you do to resolve this problem.

35

They are over charging u find another reputable shop,it should cost no more than 4000 i know just had mine done,

The dodge dealer is charging me over 7000

35

Never let dodge touch your car they over price everything they do! trust me ! I know find a good mechanic for half the price.

The dealership where i bought the car is paying half so ill be paying like $3500

10

I paid 2500 to repair mine not even a month ago. I will suggest getting a quote elsewhere, and making them pay half.

I have the slow pope of the chargers she is an 08 2.7L, I've bought her new I've put almost 200000 miles oh her, i try very hard 2 stay up on her maintenence but starting last yr I was driving & stop @ the lights and she wouldn't start had 2 be towed 2 my mechanic & after $280 in tow fees my mechanic got in & she started right up like nothing, took her 2 the dealer they wanted $130an hr for a detail inspection (really) I declined. But then her engine light came on 0420 so I replaced the driver side catalytic converter. One morning about a month ago her engine light came on again, she cut off 3 times that day & while driving home on the Sprain I heard a long noise & saw my tempt needle go almost to the H, go made it over 2 lanes 2 the shoulder & the HELP truck came pop hood & poured a gallon of coolant in ughhh, called my mechanic he said get over there asap got there is was hooked up to the computer what said I had a coolant malfunction, and the 420 code. So I ordered my passenger side catalytic converter hoping it will come this wk so I can replace the old one & also I'm replacing the o2 sensors...my other problem is the radio is currently dead ughhh it's the same factory radio it's not the fuse, because it will come on for a min then go off again now it's been 3days. I have filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs against dodge because they know the problem & the more ppl who files complaints they will have 2 recall these cars & fixed them for free so I'm down for lawsuits whatever, I love my car I'm a muscle car girl.

I have a 2008 Charger, and my engine is bad, First I had water leak issues, and I got that repaired, then a head gasket and Now I been tole the engine is bad.

I'm going through the same problem now with my 06 Chrysler 300C 5.7 hemi...you can definitely put me down for a lawsuit...email:mzweeks@att.net.

10

My 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with 105k miles on it is having the same engine problem as everyone else. Does anyone actually know if there is a class action lawsuit for this issue? I plan on fixing it with Shooter's information (thanks!) but didn't know if anyone knew about how to proceed or join the lawsuit.

10

A leading engine builder has charged that Chrysler’s 3.7-liter V6, 4.7-liter and 5.7-liter V8 engines are fatally flawed, leading to catastrophic failure shortly after the warranty expires. The engines are shared by the Chrysler Group’s recent powerplants in the Durango, Dakota, Ram, Charger, Chrysler 300, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Liberty. A new or rebuilt engine is a significant expense for an owner that loves his or her car – why are such devastating events occurring at only 75,000 miles? According to Powertrain Products (PP), a leading supplier of used, rebuilt and surplus engines, the reasons are twofold and caused by simple design flaws. Faulty valve seats According to the engine company, the original Chrysler design presses the valve seats into the cylinder heads. The problem results when the powdered metal the valve seats are made of expands, causing it to drop into contact with the valve and pistons, which leads to catastrophic failure. In this process the seat breaks into many pieces causing deterioration of the piston, cylinder wall, valve and cylinder head. This metal can even get into the intake manifold – if not cleaned properly, it can lead to a failure in replacement engines. Piston ring landings Again according to PP, a flaw in the engineering of the piston ring landings results in the engines running much hotter than they should. Coupled with what they call overly small drain holes in the heads and block, this overheating breaks down new oil, leaving sludge in the engine, ultimately blocking it. Consequent oil-starvation can lead to engine block seizure. That said PP has a vested interest in convincing owners of Chrysler products that the engine is flawed. The Maryland based firm is willing to correct the problems they have identified for $1,500. On the other hand, if they are right in their assessment, that’s considerably cheaper than a new engine. "Engine problems are showing up in Dodge/Chrysler cars at about the 75,000 mile reading,” said Eddie Symonds, CEO of Powertrain Products. “Let's face it, everybody expects the engine to run smoothly for at least 200,000 miles, which it doesn't. We consider this as a very early failure." Notably the firm makes identifying automakers flawed engines and undoing the mistakes their business. They also specialize in repairing flaws in the Ford 5.4-liter V8 in the F-series and Mazda 2.3-liter engines used in Mazda 3 and 6 models. "We are not another corporate-monster," Symonds added. "We strive to help our customers to get back up and running as soon as possible." In the response to a recent NHTSA recall letter to Chrysler, the auto group stated: “Chrysler Group stands behind the quality and safety of its vehicles. It conducts voluntary recalls when they are warranted, and in most cases, before any notice or investigation request from NHTSA. “Customers who have questions or concerns can call the Chrysler Group’s customer care line at 1-800-334-9200.” EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALL THE ABOVE NUMBER AND FILE A COMPLAINT!

Look up dodge engine class action on line, there is at least one site started for a class action regarding the design flaw that leads to early failure of their 2.7, 3.7, 4.7, and 5.7 engines

This is the 2nd time my man's engine in his 06 charger has blown after being replaced by dealership.we would like to be a part of this class action too. This is ridiculous. Email: juocuma@yahoo.com or nineal@gmail.com

Hey I have a 2008 Dodge charger and my engine is blown. I would like to be part of the class action. I am thinking about selling the car because the cost to repair is so much. I hope this class action is beneficial.

I also have a 2007 Chrysler 300C, built in 2006, sitting in my driveway with a blown engine! I bought it brand new. My story is a little different thou. About 18 months ago, my car was rear- ended while parked. The 17 y/o that hit it was screwing around and slammed it hard enough to leave a 6 inch black mark on the concrete. The parking brake wasn't on and it has brand new tires. After it was hit, it was having tranny issues. So I had it towed to the local dealer. They had the car for 3 weeks before they finally "thought" they had fixed it. I pulled out of their lot, drove it about 5 miles and it was STILL having problems. I took it back to them, but after another 10 days they called and said they had done some software updates for the transmission and again "thought" it might fix the issue, but that it NOW had an engine knock, so they didn't want to test drive it further. They then told me they "think" it MIGHT be a bearing and that I needed a new engine. They quoted me $7k+ for a new "rebuilt" engine and installation. I was beyond livid!!! My car had no engine noises or problems prior to being hit and taken to the dealer! But they seem to think it has nothing to do with being hit, so getting the kid's insurance to pay for it would be almost impossible! My car has about 90k miles (mostly freeway mileage) and it's just sitting there rotting until I figure out WTH to do. After getting the crappy news, I went online and discovered the literally 1000's of horror stories with these hemi's! It is across the board....numerous years and all different models of their vehicles! I'm so disappointed as I love my car and the hemi engine! The fact that Dodge-Chrysler knows about the massive problems and has decided not to do a recall to make things right, simply means I will NEVER buy another. It happens to be the 4th brand new vehicle I've purchased from them and it will be the last! Oh and like a few others in the forum, I'm driving a beater! I would be all for a class action lawsuit!!! If anyone else is interested, I suggest we get contact each other and see what can be done! My email is chris.mh71@gmail.com

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger RT also the engine has blown in it at 92,000 miles. Maintenance done routinely, one day it over heated and it has never over heated prior, so I pulled over. Had it towed to a shop and was told the engine was blown. For a second opinion had it towed to the dealership and I am being told it will cost $7500.00 for a new engine. I believe the engine has some type of defect in it. After reading of these post and other website with other people with the same problem. I am wanting to know how to start a lawsuit.

Im having the same issues with my 2006 Dodge Charger RT. I drove to the store 2 days ago, got gas, went to start the car, made a terrible knocking noise and it shut off on its own. Found out that the valves were hitting the pistons and bent them. Please put me in the class action lawsuit as well. Mbarner233@gmail.com

10

'06 Charger Daytona. Broken valve seat at 84,000 miles. Put a reman Jasper engine in it. Now 30,000 miles later the rings are bad and we're burning oil. God I wish she didn't love that thing

https://www.change.org/p/chrysler-group-customer-care-dodge-recall-the-motors-with-the-dropping-valve-seat-issues?source_location=discover_feed

I have two chargers now. One 2007 SE 3.5 that i got in a wreck with but to my luck my neighbor had just blown his 2006 5.7 hemi. I offered to buy the car parts that i needed before he donated the car. Instead he insisted that i buy it outright and i donate it. Well since i planned on buying the hemi in a few years after school im deciding to keep it and replace the engine. Doing my research i came across this and i am sorry for everyones pain in this situation. My question is would a normal engine rebuild fix this? I am mechanicly inclined but i have yet to rebuild an engine and looking foward to this being my first. Thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.change.org/p/chrysler-group-customer-care-dodge- recall-the-motors-with-the-dropping-valve-seat-issues? recruiter=624305087&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=f acebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term= des-lg-supporter_signature_milestone_email-no_msg

On the 5.7 with the dropped valve seats. If the cylinder isn't shot, most guys are honing them out, replacing the pistons and then having both heads rebuilt. Cost about $1600 diy'er.