I have a 1996 Chrysler Sebring JXI convertible 2.5L V6 that won't start.

Asked by Sep 09, 2013 at 01:57 PM about the 1996 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JXi Convertible

The car won't start I've tried replacing the distributor (started for a couple days then
wouldn't start again) then replaced the spark plugs and plug wires (once again started
right up but died and wouldn't start again a couple days later) we've also replaced the
battery, changed the fluids, replaced gaskets but the car just refuses to start without
starter fluid sprayed directly in the throttle body. I've ran out of ideas on what could be
wrong. The car turns over and is trying to start but just won't almost like its out of gas.
Any suggestions?

Check fuel pressure just cause you can hear pump run doesnt mean pressures high enough. I would swap out fuel filter. Its located foward and above tank driver side.

100

I know some mechanics and they say fuel pump and or filter first look. If it starts and rpm drops and car dies it can be mass air flow issue or leak in exhaust manifold on engine. idle control valve, throttle position sensor or mechanism gets carbon build up and bad fuel in tank or pump over time clogs flow and computer senses misfire or air / fuel ratio problem and will not start. Also crank sensor too but anything with emissions relation is connected to ecm(main computer) and should throw a code to tell you what it is.