1996 Sebring Convertible JXI .. Won't start on its own anymore....

80

Asked by Jan 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM about the 1996 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JXi Convertible

Won't start on its own anymore.... Going for a new battery in the morning...  Need HELP!!  Don't want to spend too much but want a warranty in case my bad little car does something to it... What Kind should I get?  Where should I get it?  How much will I have to spend ??  Im getting really frustrated with my situation... already replaced and checked all fuses because I was told Battery was fine.. Its shot now because I've had to use a jump box everyday to get back and forth to work waiting for payday..  Please help if any ideas...Thanks ahead of time ;) Won't start on its own anymore.... Going for a new battery in the morning...  Need HELP!!  Don't want to spend too much but want a warranty in case my bad little car does something to it... What Kind should I get?  Where should I get it?  How much will I have to spend ??  Im getting really frustrated with my situation... already replaced and checked all fuses because I was told Battery was fine.. Its shot now because I've had to use a jump box everyday to get back and forth to work waiting for payday..  Please help if any ideas...Thanks ahead of time ;)

1,195

I can recommend TOCO, I use them and they are well worth the money. $37.00 per month top to bottom, I don't want to break any rules on here so I can not give you the phone number. You can find them online www.TOCO.com

1,195

Hi Margaret,It sounds as if you have an issue with the charging system. rebuilt alternators are around $125.00 and well worth it but you need someone to check and see if that's really the issue. Other thought: Loose battery connector, and/or corroded terminals or combination of both. Voltage regulator could be set wrong or not working at all. Check all fuses and make sure everything is turned off when you shut down the engine. All of these things can be done at a good auto parts store where you could pay $125 for the battery and no charge for the services. Also, while I am thinking about it, If your car has too many miles the warranty would cost much more and there is a waiting period of 6o days before it goes into effect.

Can I buy coverage for 1996 ford 150?