My 1996 Chrysler Concorde stalls on me.

25

Asked by Jan 24, 2008 at 11:17 AM about the 1996 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr LXi Sedan

My 1996 concorde occasionally stalls at low idle when not accelerating or when slowing for a stop.  It starts right up but then idles very roughly.  It only does it occasionally, like every two or three days but when it happens it continues stalling until I shut if off and leave it off for awhile.  Two weeks ago I replaced the EGR valve as the computer readout said it was bad.  That seemed to help for a few days but now it has the same problem.     

6,915

Ask who ever changed the EGR to check the wiring connector.... might be bad. But you didn't mention the milage on your car, It might need a good tune up and some filters. Or your coil pack could have a intermittent short. but I would have the PCM checked, it might be bad. You could have a bad crank sensor, or one going bad. As you can see there are a bunch if things it could be. If it was mine I would take it to a garage that I trust and leave it with them for a day or two, so that way they can drive it around with the scanner hooked up and if it acts up the scanner will tell them what the issue is. Hope this helps, best of luck.

43,465

Agreed, other probs. that could have been related to the EGR code, but not replaced: EGR valve position sensor. You might also have a mass airflow sensor problem, or throttle position sensor. It's hard to say with the newer vehicles unless you have them right in front of you and can test things.