overheating chrysler concorde 2000

Asked by Jul 27, 2009 at 08:33 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Concorde

I drove to visit my gf in Maryland and attend our dr appt to get our first sonogram for my 1st child.After finding out I'm having a little girl,my joy was somewhat washed away when my car began overheating.The next day,I reluctantly took it to a local mechanic in her area.15 minutes and $40 later,the guy informs me that the cause of the overheating is because my radiator fans won't turn on at all thus not cooling down the engine when it gets hot.He said he cheked the fuse box and it was fine.He said there is a problem with the relay to the fans,causing them not to turn on.I stopped him before he went any further in fear that he would completely drain my wallet.He wanted to order a "sensor" that he wasn't even sure was the problem or the solution and told me it was "non-refundable" so even if it didnt fix the issue,i'd still be responsible for the $90 dollars he claims it cost.PLEASE,IF YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE ON THIS ISSUE,I NEED YOUR HELP.I DONT START WORKING UNTIL AUG,I NEED TO GO BACK TO VA SO I CAN MOVE TO BEGIN WORK AND THE BIRTH OF MY 1ST CHILD IS STEADILY APPROACHING.I only bought this concorde as a sacrifice for my child.i wanted a sebring convertible or a firebird but i figured the gigantic trunk space,smooth ride and spaceous interior would be a huge help for a new dad.I want a car thats going to be reliable for my gf and my daughter.It's our only vehicle.

Went to mechanic today and he tried to push both fans with a pole.one moved freely (passenger side).the other was locked in place

p.s. its a 3.2 6 cylinder.just got an oil change if that helps any.

I replaced 3 sets of cooling fan assemblys on my 1999 Concorde LXI (salvage yard) before I learned that Chrysler came up with an "improved" fan motor assembly. Now with the fans working, my engine starts overheating after about a mile of driving. The Dodge dealer can't seem to locate the problem, now. I have replaced the radiator, trans cooler, thermostat, and did the $130 fan relay that you mentioned. I may look for a used 3.2 at the salvage yard as the car rides well, except for replacing three A/C compressors, and the A/C fan control has baffled the techs at Chrysler.

60

If you overheat at only one mile you might have faulty head gasket /cyl head as well

Two things(literally). Water pump and timing belt can cause this to happen. I went thru this on a 2000 concorde with the 3.2 v6. Both should be changed at certain mileage intervals to avoid overheating.